General 500c wind deflectors

Currently reading:
General 500c wind deflectors

I had some on my Stilo.

They let you have the window open a little without wind-roar and without letting water drip into the car from the roof, so from that point of view, yes they do. If the window is fully open they also reduce "blast".. If your window is about half open, then the difference is less obvious.

Ralf S.

If, on the other hand, you mean the device that slots into the top of the back seat on the 'C', the general consensus has been no, they don't. Not speaking from personal experience because they were ridiculously expensive, far too much so to buy one on spec.

Which wind deflector as there are the usual window wind deflectors you can get for most cars, the. On the 500c there is as the top open wind deflector that sat behind the rear seat head rests to cut down wind with the roof open

Indeed totally forgot about the window ones.

I meant the behind the seat ones for 500c's
Can't speak for the 500c but on other convertible cars they work very well.

The 500 has the cabin still largely enclosed with the doors and sides of the roof. The roof going back doesn't fully fold away or anything so I suspect that the wind from having the roof down on the 500 is not all that bad anyway and why the deflector as reported above, doesn't make a lot of difference.

there are a couple on ebay right now this one is very cheap just £80 which is not much at all for a convertible wind deflector.

This is a used item

A black one thats new is £154

Choice is yours. for other convertibles the costs for these can be huge, but I appreciate the fiat 500 article is not very big and probably doesn't cost a lot to make.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I mean, I’m a bit flabbergasted really…and I shouldn’t be. unless I’m missing something these literally get pinned against the parcel shelf by the rear seat rest!

That's right and it pretty much only benefits back-seat passengers. I'm not sure if you're supposed to remove it when the roof is closed but it wouldn't do much for one's already limited rearward visibility in the 'C' either.

Back