Technical 500c 1.2 going up hills

Currently reading:
Technical 500c 1.2 going up hills

Yorkshire Lass

Hi. New to this so hopefully posting in the right place. Thinking of buying 500C lounge but where I live there are some short but very steep hills. Will I end up rolling back down in a 1.2 or do I need to consider a bigger engine?

Thanks

I've done a hill start on the hardknott pass which is the steepest road in the UK. The 1.2 will do it just fine with some revs and some clutch control.

I live in Yorkshire too and our 1.2 copes fine with the steep hills. It improves as the mileage increases you just need to learn to rev the engine and learn your change up/down points. Up long steep hills your speed may level off as you reach the top but you won't start going backwards!

Only if you specify ESP and even then I wouldn't rely on the hill holder function.

Edit: the 500c comes with rear parking sensors as standard unlike the tin top (could be wrong on this)

I ordered my 500C Lounge in November '12 and took delivery Feb '13 ESP was fitted as standard in the 'C' it was an option on the tin top, other standard bits on teh 'C' were sports seats, front fogs and reversing sensors. Oh, and a VERY big sunroof ;)

I ordered my 500C Lounge in November '12 and took delivery Feb '13 ESP was fitted as standard in the 'C' it was an option on the tin top, other standard bits on teh 'C' were sports seats, front fogs and reversing sensors. Oh, and a VERY big sunroof ;)

Your correct about that at least on the Lounge Scout500. (y) noted that it was a £320 option on the Pop 500C.

If there's some from fiat on-line someone will have do something about the speed of the configurator. From an iPad it's dog slow & that's with a fibre optic connection !

Hi. New to this so hopefully posting in the right place. Thinking of buying 500C lounge but where I live there are some short but very steep hills. Will I end up rolling back down in a 1.2 or do I need to consider a bigger engine?

Thanks
I live in the foothills of the Pennines. My Fiat 500 1.2 pop is fantastic at hills and can handle the Woodhead Pass climb in 4th and 5th. Best power is between 2500 to 3500 rpm. Car is quick off the mark at lights if you are in the car on your own. Have crossed the Strines with 4 up and it was dead easy. Only one drawback, no surprise, mpg is poor if you drive the car really hard.

Back