Technical 500 L(1.2) 5 speed Gear Box Cables

Currently reading:
Technical 500 L(1.2) 5 speed Gear Box Cables

mandyj

Well quite an easy fix changing the gear box linkage cables, setting them up is another story.

1st gear is hard to get and reverse, has anyone experienced or found any easy way to set the tensions correctly because my heads quite close to exploding, or with the gear shift in a certain position the position of the 2 gear box levers may be the quick way?
Any help would be very much appreciated and probably for anyone in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Well quite an easy fix changing the gear box linkage cables, setting them up is another story.

1st gear is hard to get and reverse, has anyone experienced or found any easy way to set the tensions correctly because my heads quite close to exploding, or with the gear shift in a certain position the position of the 2 gear box levers may be the quick way?
Any help would be very much appreciated and probably for anyone in the future.

Thanks in advance.
I recently fitted new gear cables to my 1.6 Doblo, below the gear lever where the cables are fitted the side to side gate cable does have a clip that can be moved to reposition, this affects how is far over one way or the other, so it may be worth taking the panel off below the gear stick to explore the options of adjustment.

Attachments

• DSCF1309.JPG
    DSCF1309.JPG
    445.7 KB · Views: 12
I recently fitted new gear cables to my 1.6 Doblo, below the gear lever where the cables are fitted the side to side gate cable does have a clip that can be moved to reposition, this affects how is far over one way or the other, so it may be worth taking the panel off below the gear stick to explore the options of adjustment.
Thanks Bugsymike but the gear stick end is nothing like your pic?

Back