Technical 500 Abarth whine - vid link attached

Currently reading:
Technical 500 Abarth whine - vid link attached

doolahrock

Hi Folks

1,100 miles on my 500 so far and yesterday I noticed a high pitched whining sound. After a bit of investigation today, it seems to be coming from the underneath of the car and towards the rear. Sounds electrical to me.

Doesn't seem to effect the drive at all and I'm fairly sure I would have noticed this in the last 1000 miles if it had been there from the start as you can hear it faintly in the cabin. If anyone has a moment to check theirs that would be great but this seems like a new development to me. Here is a video I made today - [ame="http://www.vimeo.com/7514576"]Abarth 500 Whine. on Vimeo[/ame]

Will be through in Glasgow tomorrow so might see if I can get someone to have a quick look for me.

Cheers

Jon

Will be taking it to AC today. The noise gets louder for about 5 seconds every so often, very noticeable in the cabin and there is now a clicking sort of sound from the back at fairly regular intervals even when idling. Something up methinks.

Will be taking it to AC today. The noise gets louder for about 5 seconds every so often, very noticeable in the cabin and there is now a clicking sort of sound from the back at fairly regular intervals even when idling. Something up methinks.
Well other than the exhaust perhaps vibrating and something resonating to create that whine, there is nothing else towards the rear of the car that could really be making that noise other than the fuel pump as others have suggested. It happens when you're stationary so it can't be wheel bearings or brakes.

Back