Technical 5 lug conversion

Currently reading:
Technical 5 lug conversion

Ayalon33

Hey
I own a black 2008 grande punto abarth
Recently ive been thinking of changing my rims, unfurtonatly, the selection for 4 lugs isnt wide.. so ive been thinking of just converting the lug hub to a 5 hub one
Has anyone here ever done this? I cant find anywhere i can buy thr right hubs and bolts..
Any help appreciated, thanks!

In my experience it just isn't worth it. You're looking at a different brake set up as well. If i remember right you'll need custom brackets for the brake calipers. It has however been done before though.

Hey
I own a black 2008 grande punto abarth
Recently ive been thinking of changing my rims, unfurtonatly, the selection for 4 lugs isnt wide.. so ive been thinking of just converting the lug hub to a 5 hub one
Has anyone here ever done this? I cant find anywhere i can buy thr right hubs and bolts..
Any help appreciated, thanks!
I know this is a old post. Any luck you found some
More info

Thanks so any idea which parts I would have to change?

Attachments

• CA46686E-A5D0-4DF3-9A6B-834728464C38.png
    CA46686E-A5D0-4DF3-9A6B-834728464C38.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
17 is the mount..

But other parts might well be common..

Check the part numbers against the 199 punto parts 'grande.evo and 2012+' might all be the same

Ebay sellers will probably be good for comparing part #16 fitment ;-)

Let us know what you find

After some thinking... This should be totally doable "in situ".

Either with a magnetic base drill, or an indexable guide, or both.

Gonna cad this to see what happens with the bolt spacing. Even 5x112 might work out.

After some thinking... This should be totally doable "in situ".

Either with a magnetic base drill, or an indexable guide, or both.

Gonna cad this to see what happens with the bolt spacing. Even 5x112 might work out.

Well, turns out the flange is not big enough for 5x bolt patterns, according to inter of web the diameter is about 117mm.

4x100 is doable, optimum rotation of the pattern is about 24 degrees, that would leave maximum separation on all holes.

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2022-06-14 163202.png
    Näyttökuva 2022-06-14 163202.png
    52 KB · Views: 56
Back