Technical 4x4 Inoperable Fault

Currently reading:
Technical 4x4 Inoperable Fault

Pandtastic

Hi All,
Newbie here - please been gentle!

I have 2009 Panda Cross 1.3 multijet. Recently there’s a message on the dash which comes up every time I start the car, “4x4 Inoperable”. Fiat Pewsham couldn’t diagnose the fault (wanted an additional 2 hrs of diagnostic time with no guarantee of a result). I’ve replaced the diff solenoid and the prop shaft but the fault remains. Any help would be much appreciated.

When there's an error message displayed, the body computer has detected an error. A fiat garage can plug in there diagnostics software and tell you what the error is. Fix it is not always straight forward. A module error might not be the module but power or ground for it as an example

With nothing to go on and as a first palimanary step

Check power is present at these fuses and they are okay

the 4x4 control module is under one of the front seats. The wiring could easy get damaged / dislodged

Screenshot_20230524_221404.jpg

Screenshot_20230524_221320.jpg

Hi :)

Is it actually in 2wd..??

Or does 4wd work on occasions?
As you may be aware the Panda 4WD uses a Haldex system which monitors the ABS system and waits for wheel slip before engaging 4WD. A properly working car is in 2WD most of the time and only goes into 4WD when required. Due to the fault, my car does not engage 4WD any longer.

Back