4Ch amp

Currently reading:
4Ch amp

riccimouse

Ite guy's new to I.C.E had a Sub for a While in my old car but it came with it so i sold it with it! althouh iv just got a 12inch sony xplod sub 1300watts and i have 2 6x9's in the shelf in the back, I'm after loud deap bass (chavy) but also chrips out of the 6x9, dnt really know much about muliti channel amp so any advice would be Great!

Using a 4 channel amp you can run the 6x9's off the front 2 channels and bridge the rear channels for the sub

Using a 4 channel amp you can run the 6x9's off the front 2 channels and bridge the rear channels for the sub

That depends if the 4 channel has two seperate X-overs which im sure most do now days. Do you need 2 sets of RCA's to get both sides working. If so then it is class A/B which acts as two seperate amps effectively.

Sorry Stu, but have a quick read here for amp class explanation :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_amplifier

Yeah read that before im afraid the sentences are too complex for my brain to process what is being said :mad: (I hate having slow processing brain)
But from what i gathered what i said before is a simple way to understand it as the conditions that i described are normally true for Class A/B amplifiers.
If you fancy putting into simple terms for people who dont read to well then i will put it in FAQ when i get one and a :worship: and a touch of the than you panel.

That depends if the 4 channel has two seperate X-overs which im sure most do now days. Do you need 2 sets of RCA's to get both sides working. If so then it is class A/B which acts as two seperate amps effectively.

Doesn't even need crossovers, you can either run caps and coils to H/P the 6x9's and L/P the Sub respectivley, or if you have a flashy modern head unit you will probably have high and low passed RCA outputs (y)

Doesn't even need crossovers, you can either run caps and coils to H/P the 6x9's and L/P the Sub respectivley, or if you have a flashy modern head unit you will probably have high and low passed RCA outputs (y)

Yes but if the amp has it all separately so you Have settings for side A & B seperately it makes the whole process a lot more simple.
If you are getting into the realms of buying Caps and coils then the money is better off being spent on better equipment that already does everything for you. Some times things can get over complicated would you really like to have to of learnt how to set caps on your speakers before you knew how to wire a sub and 6x9's on a 4 channel amp.
Sorry for the little rant there but sometimes these answers arent always geared towards helping the OP's specific needs rather a show of who knows the most and i am just as guilty as everybody else (y)

Cool, but has anyone got any sugestions on to which Amp would be good at giving loud chavvy Bass, and sweet enough for 6x9's without making them pop, Looking at spending around £100 - £150 willing to go to £250 but would rather not!

Nice one! liking the spec's of the fusion, tbh im not 100% i only really understand Mono, but im moving away from them as i cant afford the filters ect, I'v got a 1300watt Peek Sub im looking for around 500-600RMS for the Sub!
Im i on the right line's....

Thanks for all you help anways!

Nice one! liking the spec's of the fusion, tbh im not 100% i only really understand Mono, but im moving away from them as i cant afford the filters ect, I'v got a 1300watt Peek Sub im looking for around 500-600RMS for the Sub!
Im i on the right line's....

Thanks for all you help anways!

Only if you want to blow it too pieces. That sub is 380w RMS and even that is a little over rated. Why do you need filters most modern amps have filters on them anyway for such a simple system you should be fine with any modern Class D mono.

Sorry for the little rant there but sometimes these answers arent always geared towards helping the OP's specific needs rather a show of who knows the most and i am just as guilty as everybody else (y)

Sorry Stu, I wasn't trying to show off :yuck:

Just stating that there are alternatives (caps and coils are a cheap way of doing the job), but in the end seems like yet again we all have the wrong end of the stick as the OP is actually after an amp recomendation :yum:

i need to start studyin Amps, The guy at the shop said once i asked about mono blocs asked if i had filters ect... but the idea of a 4channel amp which can power both my sub and 6x9's sounded good, but i have no idea really what im looking for, i dont wanna spend almost £200 on wiring and amps for somthin im not really after!

thanks for help anyways!

Back