Panda 100hp - Need advice for wiring an amp!

Currently reading:
Panda 100hp - Need advice for wiring an amp!

Mawg

Hey folks first post here :)

I am absolutely in love with my first car, however I have a few questions about wiring in an amplifier (and sub) which I have acquired.

Being my first car, I have no experience with car audio systems or fiddling with car interiors in general, however I am an engineer and have adequate electronics knowledge and feel it's an achievable task.

I have a 300W amp, which I intend to mount in the boot, and a 12" sub which will be easily removable. I have bought a wiring kit and have plenty of tools so I should have everything I need.

First question: I've had the HU out and there doesn't seem to be anywhere for the RCA cables to connect to, do I need some kind of adapter or is it simply impossible with this unit and if I want an amp I will need a new HU? (Really hoping this isn't the case)

Second question: How should I run the power cable through the firewall? I can't see any obvious holes and the existing wiring seems difficult to get to/work with, is there something I'm missing or can somebody suggest the best place to drill through?

Third question: Does anyone have/know a guide to removing interior panels etc and where to run the wires?

If anyone can help with anything or if anyone has done this themselves and can guide me I'd be very appreciative!

Thanks,
Mawg

Welcome to here :)

First question: I've had the HU out and there doesn't seem to be anywhere for the RCA cables to connect to, do I need some kind of adapter or is it simply impossible with this unit and if I want an amp I will need a new HU? (Really hoping this isn't the case)

If the headunit doesn't have RCA connector, then you'll need to splice into the speaker wiring and send high level inputs to the amp instead. Obviously this depends on whether your amp has that facility. If it doesn't, then replacing the HU is pretty much your only option. Tbh though, if it was me, I'd be swapping the HU out anyway (on the assumption that you're still running the OEM HU).

Second question: How should I run the power cable through the firewall? I can't see any obvious holes and the existing wiring seems difficult to get to/work with, is there something I'm missing or can somebody suggest the best place to drill through?

I'm not familiar with the Panda specifically, however if you peel back the carpet in the footwells, you might be lucky and find a rubber grommet that you can punch through.

Third question: Does anyone have/know a guide to removing interior panels etc and where to run the wires?

Again, not familar with the Panda specifically, but most of the trim that you're likely to need to move will just be screwed in. If there are no obvious screws, then it'll just be push fit. If you click the ePer link at the top, or download the eLearn, you should be able to see where the clips are that retain the panels.

Back