Technical 40mm TB

Currently reading:
Technical 40mm TB

Cheers mase,
I thought i'd read somewhere that he didnt do MPI TBs, maybe sometime soon.
The CDA is a good job but rather expensive as i found out getting one for the barchetta but if its better Ill look into upgrading,
Cheers mate

OZ

I can't afford any of these fancy induction kits or the Tricker TB at the moment so I'm going to modify the standard airbox and fit a K&N Panel filter.

I haven't taken the airbox apart yet to see inside but I'm planning on removing all sharp edges and ridges and opeing up the front of it to allow more air to flow into it.

IIRC the Punto 55 airbox draws air from the opposite side to the Sei/Cinq one. Are they the same size? I've been wondering whether to plastic weld some of a punto airbox onto my Sei one to give it two cold air feeds from the front of the car.

Nick

Horney said:
I can't afford any of these fancy induction kits or the Tricker TB at the moment so I'm going to modify the standard airbox and fit a K&N Panel filter.

I haven't taken the airbox apart yet to see inside but I'm planning on removing all sharp edges and ridges and opeing up the front of it to allow more air to flow into it.

IIRC the Punto 55 airbox draws air from the opposite side to the Sei/Cinq one. Are they the same size? I've been wondering whether to plastic weld some of a punto airbox onto my Sei one to give it two cold air feeds from the front of the car.

Nick

ive never had a look at a 55 engine bay, i got an ecu from one, but it didnt have an engine at the time lol. but as far as i was aware they are exactly the same as the 1108 in the SPI centos.

however.... if u were to cut a hole around where the current cold air intake is, then use some huge tubing from B&Q and run that right to the front of the bumper then that would increase cold air flow!

and also remove the hot air duct from the top of the manifold... no need for it.

on the caution side when it comes to induction hosing to the front bumper, u dont want it too low as u could run the risk of sucking up water / dirt / general road crap into the throttle body which i was advise against :D

Last edited:
mase said:
ive never had a look at a 55 engine bay, i got an ecu from one, but it didnt have an engine at the time lol. but as far as i was aware they are exactly the same as the 1108 in the SPI centos.

however.... if u were to cut a hole around where the current cold air intake is, then use some huge tubing from B&Q and run that right to the front of the bumper then that would increase cold air flow!

and also remove the hot air duct from the top of the manifold... no need for it.

on the caution side when it comes to induction hosing to the front bumper, u dont want it too low as u could run the risk of sucking up water / dirt / general road crap into the throttle body which i was advise against :D

Yeah I agree with the sucking up stuff bit. I might put some gauze over the end of the pipes to stop and ;arge pieces etc going up it. I'll take it all apart over christmas and have a looksie at what I can do. I'll aslo pop down the scrappie and get a punto airbox and have a play around with that to see what I can build.

Nick

Horney said:
Yeah I agree with the sucking up stuff bit. I might put some gauze over the end of the pipes to stop and ;arge pieces etc going up it. I'll take it all apart over christmas and have a looksie at what I can do. I'll aslo pop down the scrappie and get a punto airbox and have a play around with that to see what I can build.

Nick

yea man, thats wat its all about, seeing what u can come up with! (y)

if u cant afford to splash out on a gsr, have a think about this.

the throttle body top from an 899 cinq, get a straight bit of pipe or sumthing, then just slap a universal filter on the end of that, with some ducting running down to the bumper.

could bust one of those out for about the cost of a KnN induction kit (y)

mase said:
yea man, thats wat its all about, seeing what u can come up with! (y)

if u cant afford to splash out on a gsr, have a think about this.

the throttle body top from an 899 cinq, get a straight bit of pipe or sumthing, then just slap a universal filter on the end of that, with some ducting running down to the bumper.

could bust one of those out for about the cost of a KnN induction kit (y)

That's a good idea too. THere's an 899 Cinq in the local scrappie and I have a load of old K&N Cones from other cars I've owned over the years. I'll have a play around with both and see which produces the best results on the old arse dyno*.

Nick

*Arse-Dyno (noun) A device for performance tuning a motor vehicle, primarily using the seat of a pair of trousers. Based around the philosophy of "if it's bumpier and noisier, it MUST be going faster than before"

Last edited:
Back