General 3rd year Service

Currently reading:
General 3rd year Service

Barkydog

My Tipo 1.4 Petrol Turbo is 3 years old now with 20000 miles and just had its 3rd service at main dealer £102. It’s only checks etc.All fine no issues.It’s now out of warranty so will be using local garage for next service if I decide to keep it. Have to say it’s been a good car and I still enjoy driving it.Not so sure I fancy the new Tipo with the tiny 3cyl engine as my Tipo is quite quick.

I changed to a 500x 1.3 after the Tipo, didn't fancy the tiny engine either, if they put the 1.3 Firefly from the 500x in and sorted the suspension a bit, I may have had another Tipo. Even the 1.0 120BHP engine would have made me think, but 100 BHP is not enough

I know the Tipo is coming the new Hybrid drive train, but its expensive.

I'd recommend the 500x

I changed to a 500x 1.3 after the Tipo, didn't fancy the tiny engine either, if they put the 1.3 Firefly from the 500x in and sorted the suspension a bit, I may have had another Tipo. Even the 1.0 120BHP engine would have made me think, but 100 BHP is not enough

I know the Tipo is coming the new Hybrid drive train, but its expensive.

I'd recommend the 500x
I had a 500X for 3yrs from new then went for the Tipo.Nice car but always felt the front end looked a bit dull.

Agree re the new 1.0 Tipo engine. I have the 1.4 T-Jet in my Tipo & the 1.0 Firefly 120 in the Parents 500x would've been fine as it's a great little engine & has 6 speed box, but the 100bhp version with a 5 speed box doesn't excite me at all.

The Hybrid 1.5 looks interesting but they must be on drugs asking more than £27.5k for a Tipo - I'm fond of my Tipo but it has its place. I could have an ex-demo BMW 1 Series for £27.5k & have much better customer service back-up to boot, so I won't be getting another Tipo at that price!

Back