General 3rd year dealer warrenty

Currently reading:
General 3rd year dealer warrenty

davekimber

SO what is covered by this so called 3rd year warrenty?

The glovebox handle on my 2008 1.4 sporting came off in my hand at the weekend! The car has less than 22k on it.
Took it to my main dealer and was told its not covered by the 3rd year dealer warrenty, they were happy to sell me a complete glovebox door, they do not supply the lock assembly??

Also my Ipod blue and me adaptor stopped working after only 7 months and was told warrenty only valid for 6 months!!

With such low mileage in less than 3 years what else is going to fail Ive already had to payout over £400 for a service as they class the 2nd service as a 36000 mile service. its due for its 3rd service will go independant I think.

this 3rd year warrenty seems to cover everything except the items you want to claim for.

Bad show Fiat Dealers

Last edited:
Was surprised when a dealer replaced my rattling door lock under warranty, fully expected having to pay for that.

SO what is covered by this so called 3rd year warrenty?

The glovebox handle on my 2008 1.4 sporting came off in my hand at the weekend! The car has less than 22k on it.
Took it to my main dealer and was told its not covered by the 3rd year dealer warrenty, they were happy to sell me a complete glovebox door, they do not supply the lock assembly??

Also my Ipod blue and me adaptor stopped working after only 7 months and was told warrenty only valid for 6 months!!

With such low mileage in less than 3 years what else is going to fail Ive already had to payout over £400 for a service as they class the 2nd service as a 36000 mile service. its due for its 3rd service will go independant I think.

this 3rd year warrenty seems to cover everything except the items you want to claim for.

Bad show Fiat Dealers

just for the record i completely agree

i agree its a joke!

i wanted a ipod adapter so i could use my ipod in my car but after going back and forth from the fiat garage 5-6 times because they didnt order the correct parts and they could get it to work they came up with the conclusion that somthing on my car needed replacing and isnt covered under 3rd year warranty so would cost me £75 extra! so sure you can work out what i said..along the line of sod off £150 its a joke after buying the adapter for £75 to start with 3years warranty should be 3 years warranty so im looking for a cheaper way round the ipod problem because there no help at all it was rubbish service!

if any1 can help cheers

Last edited:
Re: 3rd year dealer warrenty update

Did a search on the internet and found a dealer in Guildford who can supply me the glovebox handle assembly for just £20. The door assembley was £75 from my local dealer!!

Also they said that the IPod adapter was covered for 12 months so they advised me to go back to main dealer and have it changed for a new one.

Just goes to show it pays to shop around.

BTW I have a backup radio connector for IPod but not B&M compatible have to tune radio in to it.

yeh i wouldnt go back to buy anything off them again its to much messing about and its way over priced.
i could get a fm fransmiter for it but iv heard there not that good soo shall see

They are replacing my boot catch and leccy window regulator for me under warranty next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back