360 deals!

Currently reading:
360 deals!

Hi gang,

Just compiled this email to my bro which looks at most of the internet's best 360 deals. Will be useful for anyone considering buying one.

Here you go...

___

Ok, I've had a quick scour of the usual suspects and you can get an elite for £260 tops on its own anywhere. Premiums are currently around the £180 mark. Gameplay and game have the best deals, the advantage of using game is I get reward points... Ha. Used wise there's a good sounding Premium in the Buy & sell + sonic tennis for 170 quid... So you might as well go new, unless they're cheaper used in gamestation? Ok, so:

Game and gameplay: Premium + GTA4 + COD4 = £229.99

Or an Elite with those games for £289.99

Bonus with new as well is they'll all be running Falcon, and have a HDMI port. You can tell (if looking at used) a Falcon from what is essentially a turd by the presence of a HDMI port.

Shopto have Premiums for £180.

If you CBA with a HD (I'd say the HD is essential) you can get an arcade for £150 (or less with quidco though I think they're cheaper again at Shopto.

Also consider gamestation - Premium with alone in the dark for £220, or for £225 have it with ANY game (so COD4.... Though you could probably get a newer more expensive game bundled (GTA4) and get COD4 on the cheap from somewhere else (another task for another day). You can have ANY 2 games with a Premium at gamestation for £250. Elite with 2 games is £310 there.

Also if you want an extra pad there's a way of getting them cheap. Every now and then MS do a game or two bundled with a pad for slightly less than their combined RRP, but of course they don't all sell. Thus, over a year after Forza 2 has grabbed every Xbox owning petrolhead by their scrotums and it's not selling any more, the pad bundles become cheap. Keep an eye on Hotukdeals, one will turn up. Strangely no amazing 360 deals on there though.

PC world - Elite with indiana jones and a play and charge kit is £284. Or a Pro (new name for premium, + 20gb HD) with GTA4, PGR4 + DVD remote (meh) for £249.

I reckon GAME is a good option. Two amazing games and a good deal on whichever you prefer, the Elite or the Premium/Pro/*****. Though I suspect £230 is a bit more appealing that getting on for three hundred notes. I've got a £3 voucher code too. (DXT74JR2 or modgamer, apparently)

Blockbuster have crappy preowned games at 6 for £19, but if they work (and have a 3 month guarantee) it could be worth a look.

XBOX LIIIIVE! 12 months with a game called Robotron can be had for £28, here's the link - http://www.365games.co.uk/index.php?productID=2820

I'd buy that right away, it won't be cheap for long and next best is gameplay with no game for £33. They have Mass Effect for £17 too which I'm tempted by.

Tesco have MS points cheap all the time, too - 2100 for £14 is the usual going rate.

I think that's everything covered!

See you soon mate,

Sam.

___

Last edited:
Back