Styling 2x Fiat Stilo Supersport Leather Steering Wheel New & Genuine 50900894

Currently reading:
Styling 2x Fiat Stilo Supersport Leather Steering Wheel New & Genuine 50900894

dtimmins1985

Established member
Guys

That steering wheel i bought for the stilo - the supersport one.

Well - it was not the last one, partsworld have another 2 listed now.

They must keep adding stock as it sells so they may have more special goodies for our stilo's - im already enquiring on the matching gear stick to go with this wheel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Stil...ne-50900894-/232546100291?hash=item3624d3e443

It's up for £114.99 but they will accept offers.

I offered £80 when I thought i was buying the last one and they accepted - its now sat in my boot along with some other stuff too...

Bargain guys :)

br,
Dan.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ok - So i was busy again this weekend but managed to get an hour spare on saturday night.

Fitted the wheel - looks lovley and feels great, however - im not 100% happy with it.

These steering wheels where made in 2003 onwards, the stereo buttons on the steering wheel have the old finish coating on them, they are sticky and disgusting, they also worked intermittently.

I decided to strip my old steering wheel which has newer buttons (from 2006) and does not have the nasty finishing coating.

When swapping over the controls / buttons, a quick test reveleaed that the problem was still their, the orange backlights in the buttons where flickering, they worked but didnt look good and i was annoyed that they where flickering...

Finally - i swapped out the control board for the buttons, it was stamped with an older HW revision compared to the one from 2006 steering wheel, RESULT - all works fine.

So if you buy one of these, be prepared to take your old steering wheel controls off with the control board too...

Also, the air bag / horn function does not release very nice and springy like my old steering wheel, i have tried various ways of gently tightening down the three torx screws for the airbag - basically, you have to do them bit by bit so it all stays aligned.

If it does not ease up over the next few days - i will take off the airbag and do some fiddling with the prongs for the horn, all being well i wont have to do that, it feels like its easied up a bit already.

Anyhow, will post up pics tonight - just at work now.

br,
Dan.

Ok, so a few days on...

I like the steering wheel but im not keen on this one, i spoke to the seller about the original issues above and they have said it could be a faulty part as all the ones they have sold have been fine.

They say it has fiat warranty and can be replaced.

Just waiting to see if they can do a drop and swap or if i have to nip into the dealers.

I really want to order this steering wheel. But Partsworld doesn’t have it anymore... anyone know where to order/buy this ?

Back