Technical 2022 Ducato oil service reset

Currently reading:
Technical 2022 Ducato oil service reset

Andyshep

Motor is going in for its first service at 2 years 9000 miles. Bargain price of £580.
So going forward I'd like to change the oil myself.
Buy I understand you need to reset both the service light and the oil condition indicator.
Can this be done with Alfaobd .

Andy

Short answer yes. Long answer dont know for your vehicle, after 2019 they had a bypassable SGW (secure gateway) then later (dont know when) it was moved into the body ecu so not as easily by passable (if at all, someone please verify if poss). The demo version will give you the opportunity to prove connectivity but will not reset the oil systems. see screen shots i tried then used my Multiecuscan to reset. I have and have used both but for general use prefer Multiecuscan, but, alfaobd is always with me on the phone when in the van. Dont forget you will also need an obd interface.
OBD-DiagnosisOilChange1.jpg

OBD-DiagnosisOilChange2.jpg

Hi thanks for the reply. Is there a preferred Bluetooth dongle, Vgate any good.
I use the Bluetooth 4.0 Vgate iCar Pro Car OBD2 from ebay about £25 less than £20 they are likely to be cheap chinese ones which do not work. What is interesting is that I used to reccomend a seller from Porthcawl south wales but he told someone on another forum that they are not suitable for Fiats so I bought a second one, it works as well. Another bluetooth one that is known to work is OBDlink M+ £100+ so i dont have one of those. The vgates also work in my VW and Skoda with generic software.

I use the Bluetooth 4.0 Vgate iCar Pro Car OBD2 from ebay about £25 less than £20 they are likely to be cheap chinese ones which do not work. What is interesting is that I used to reccomend a seller from Porthcawl south wales but he told someone on another forum that they are not suitable for Fiats so I bought a second one, it works as well. Another bluetooth one that is known to work is OBDlink M+ £100+ so i dont have one of those. The vgates also work in my VW and Skoda with generic software.
Thanks, just ordered from from Vgate on Amazon..will download the software later.
Once again thanks.

Back