Technical 2020 X290 Wiring Diagram - Physical location of brake level sensor wiring

Currently reading:
Technical 2020 X290 Wiring Diagram - Physical location of brake level sensor wiring

Mclouis Steel

Afternoon folks; So during COVID alarm fitted to van, it appears in feeding the bonnet sensor wiring through the bulkhead gland a wire from the brake fluid level sensor wire has been snagged. Brake fluid low dash warning on start up . Red light stays on. ECU scan indicates open circuit or short (more likely open circuit. If I disconnect the sensor ... same diagnostic. Not too fussed before now but the MOT is looming. I need to intercept the brake fluid sensor wiring inside the vehicle between the bulk head and the I'm guessing the body computer. Thus any help with the physical location/routing of the wiring would be fantastic. Thanks very much.

Is the level sensor standard on the x290? It was an option on my much earlier x244. eLearn shows wiring routes, but I do not think that it is available for the x290. Perhaps eLearn for the x250 may provide a clue. Otherwise I have read of the slightly irregular practice of offending warning lights being obscured with a small piece of black electricians tape, applied inside the instrument panel.

Back