Rawplug

I have now had my Fiat based motorhome sine June 2020 and done 8300 Miles

After 300 Miles the AdBlue warning light comes on

It’s been to Fiat 7-8 times and had
2 new AdBlue tanks
Recalibrated AdBlue levels
Various other items and tests

Broke down in France and camper had to be repatriated very expensive claim

This is a major fault has anyone else had this issue?

No
Had 2 new ad-blue tanks fitted so basically on the 3 tank
They re calibrated it last time

2 new AdBlue tanks

Sorry just seen your ad blue problem my 2022 model I’ve got back 26 th June after being off the road since the 2nd may ,ad blue fault new adblue injector fitted did not cure the problem then had new adblue tank fitted I’ve been away and now seems ok my mileage was 3950 my pals friend has just had the same issue,marvellous invention adblue😂

Hi

I’ve had my 2021 fiat ducato 2.3 motorhome for two years and covered 6700 miles. Since having it I seem to be using a lot of adblue. The 6700 miles has required between 10- 12 refills of the adblue tank. Is this normal ?

Many thanks

My 2021 fiat Ducato Manual 2.3 140hp Maxi panel van does about 350 miles per litre of adblu and 35 miles per gallon of diesel
But, like fuel, the adblu consumptionvaries according to your driving etc
Also if your motorhome has bigger body, less aerodynamic than the panel van, expect it to use a bit more fuel and adblu.
Surprisingly, the cheapest place I have found to buy adblu is Waitrose!
- at their forecourt pump.

Hi Reg
We have the same engine, I’ve recently drove 1000 miles to Spain and used just over 30 litres of adblue and 5 tanks of fuel. I’ll have to do the math, but it sounds like I’m consuming a lot more than your van

Hi Reg
We have the same engine, I’ve recently drove 1000 miles to Spain and used just over 30 litres of adblue and 5 tanks of fuel. I’ll have to do the math, but it sounds like I’m consuming a lot more than your van
wow i thought my Transit Custom used a lot !

Hi Reg
That looks like 18.75 litres per 100 kms of diesel which is a lot.[ 5 * 60 = 300 /(1000*1.6/100)
I average 10.4

22 model Ducato 5.4m 160hp. Was transporter delivered with an emissions (Ad Blue) error message. Saw it only as we delivered the van to the camper fitter 2 miles on the clock. Went into countdown mode saying the engine would stop in 220 miles etc before which we took it to the dealership in July . They said there was a bad contact on the sender and it is now fixed. But as it is still in the dealership as they sort out 4 other problems - we cannot say yet if the adblue fault is fixed or not..... I do hope so but postings here and our lack of confidence in the vehicle fills me with a sense of dread. May 22 reg'd Van - 200 miles on the clock still...... Broken down since . All down to Fiat unreliability and servicing delays.

2 new AdBlue tanks

Hi , did you ever solve this problem?? ( I have the same issue at the moment ! Thanks

They fitted a new add blue tank under warranty touch wood it’s been fine since,my problem was it showed adblue in the tank when i don’t think it had any,I’ve done 4000miles since, I don’t trust the gauge so I top mine up yours sounds the reverse and uses a lot I wish I could tell you more.fiat and adblue tanks are a common problem but it’s pass the buck all the time and we’re the ones are left out of pocket and strained nerves

I have heard of the vent hole in the filler cap getting blocked by dried Adblue
Resulting suction potentially damaging the tank and causing leaks among other issues.
The vent hole seems to be the size you would have for liquids that don't dry out and congeal like AdBlue
So I have drilled mine out a bit, so I can clear it with a bent paper clip

Attachments

• AdBlue(2).jpg.e2aa5587603a8979b579b7f2be3682c6.jpg
    AdBlue(2).jpg.e2aa5587603a8979b579b7f2be3682c6.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 52
I have heard of the vent hole in the filler cap getting blocked by dried Adblue
Resulting suction potentially damaging the tank and causing leaks among other issues.
The vent hole seems to be the size you would have for liquids that don't dry out and congeal like AdBlue
So I have drilled mine out a bit, so I can clear it with a bent paper clip
ow i see , interesting. ill take a look

Back