Technical 2015 Ducato Power folding mirrors retrofit wiring switch

Currently reading:
Technical 2015 Ducato Power folding mirrors retrofit wiring switch

nikosgrk

Hello fellow forum members.

I have a set of power folding mirrors that I want to retrofit in a 2015 fiat ducato. However the mirror switch has en extra 6 pin connector for the folding function. What extra wiring do I need? Do you have more information? Any wiring diagrams or service manuals would be appreciated. Has anyone done it before? Please help!!!

Attachments

• electric-window-switch-fiat-ducato-2006-2011-left-black-folding-mirrors 1.jpg
    electric-window-switch-fiat-ducato-2006-2011-left-black-folding-mirrors 1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 237
Thank you for the useful information. The converters and upfitters manual you sent me is perfect for my 2015 fiat ducato. I would appreciate if you also find a full service manual if it exists.

I have attached some photos of what information I extracted.

1) First of all a 284802-1 6pin connector is required that can be found in the market.

2) Second the 284802-1 6pin connector for the mirror folding functions of the switch (picture 3.61) is detailed as:
pin1 => earth (0,75 NS)
pin2 => RH mirror folding motor control (0,75 HM)
pin3 => RH mirror folding motor earth (0,5 N)
pin4 => LH mirror folding motor control (0,5 NZ)
pin5 => LH mirror folding motor earth (0,5 HB)
pin6 => Supply (0,5 BL)

In the above I think there is an error in the thickness. I think pin2 is 0,5 and pin6 is 0,75. Please correct me if I am wrong.

3) Third the grey 8pin connector of the left mirror has the following pinout
pin1 => External temperature sensor (ref) (0,5)
pin2 => External temperature sensor (signal) (0,5)
pin3 => Deflector servo control (0,5)
pin4 => Deflector servo ground (0,5)

4) Fourth the grey 8pin connector of the right mirror has the following pinout
pin1 => Radio aerial power supply (0,5)
pin3 => Deflector servo control (0,5)
pin4 => Deflector servo ground (0,5)

5) Fifth the following four pins of the 284802-1 6pin connector (picture 3.61) go to the following pins of the L+R grey 8pin mirror connectors (pictures 3.58 and 3.59):

pin2 => RH mirror folding motor control (0,75 HM) ==> pin3 => Deflector servo control (0,5) RH miror grey connector
pin3 => RH mirror folding motor earth (0,5 N) ==> pin4 => Deflector servo ground (0,5) RH miror grey connector
pin4 => LH mirror folding motor control (0,5 NZ) ==> pin3 => Deflector servo control (0,5) LH miror grey connector
pin5 => LH mirror folding motor earth (0,5 HB) ==> pin4 => Deflector servo ground (0,5) LH miror grey connector

Please correct me if I am wrong

6) Sixth the following two pins of the 284802-1 6pin connector (picture 3.61) where do they go?

pin1 => Earth (0,75 NS) ==> ???
pin6 => Supply (0,5 BL) ==> ???

There are some possible earth/ground wires in the black 8pin connectors of both mirrors (see pictures 3.58 and 3.59) and also supply and earth in the 12pin mirror door control switch (see picture 3.61) as for example:

pin1 => Earth (0,5 N)
pin5 => Power supply/lighting (0,5 BL)
pin7 => Supply (0,5 BL)

However I am hesitant if they should be connected there or somewhere else and also if they have a seperate fuse.
Please advise where pin1 and pin6 of the 284802-1 6pin connector should be connected.
Also please advise if I am correct or not about pin2, pin3, pin4, pin5 of the 284802-1 6pin connector, that they are connected in the L+R mirrors 8pin grey connectors pin3 and pin4 of each mirror accordingly as mentioned above.

Please help!!! Thank you

Attachments

• 284802-1.jpg
    284802-1.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 6pinfoldingconn.jpg
    6pinfoldingconn.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 63
  • mirrorleft.jpg
    mirrorleft.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 54
  • mirrorright.jpg
    mirrorright.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 58
  • fiat_ducato_peugeot_boxer_citroen_relay_long_arm_rear_view_mirror_2006-2014_34546_3_.jpg
    fiat_ducato_peugeot_boxer_citroen_relay_long_arm_rear_view_mirror_2006-2014_34546_3_.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
  • AMP-284802-1-technical_drawing.pdf
    278.7 KB · Views: 43
Here is a 2015 ducato vin ZFA25000002888198 with electric folding mirrors from factory. Could anybody that has access to parts catalogue provide the proper part numbers for the wiring harnesses of left and right door for this vin?

Attachments

• 2d57f51b-9bbb-437e-946c-621fd8ddffaf.jpg
    2d57f51b-9bbb-437e-946c-621fd8ddffaf.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 39
  • b4d15859-fc96-45a9-b0ca-4805c119534e.jpg
    b4d15859-fc96-45a9-b0ca-4805c119534e.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 39
  • zfa.jpg
    zfa.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 37
Until we get the proper part numbers for the door wiring harnesses from the above stated vin, some more info from the manual

Attachments

• connectordriver.jpg
    connectordriver.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 78
  • connectorpassenger.jpg
    connectorpassenger.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 58
  • diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 57
I fould out the door wiring harnesses part numbers for the above vin with electric folding mirrors.

Left driver side 1376572080
Right passenger side 1376581080

if you have integrated antenna then you need
Right passenger side 1382235080

if you have multifunction antenna, then you need
Right passenger side 1382236080

Hi, Do you have news? Have you done the modification I would also like to rebuild. Greetings

Edit: As I see it, the motor only needs 2 wires for FOLD and UNFOLD. You could simply connect an external button and lay 2 wires in each mirror. That would be the cheapest way. Or am I missing something?
1671007234486.png

Hello,
In fact it's one of the modifications I'm planning to do myself, as it would be very helpful in the future. My first problem is my mirrors are medium / long, so the availability is poor :(
But.. I've already sourced second hand and new original switches to the door :) I can help if needed :)

Hi, newbie here, just taken possession of a 2015 2.3 comfortmatic ducato based chausson motorhome. This has electric, but manual folding long arm door mirrors. This thread above looks to be discussing converting these to power folding.
Has anyone done this? Where can I source long arm power folding mirrors?
I assume the electrics are not too complicated for someone who knows what they are doing?

Many thanks
Rick

Hi, newbie here, just taken possession of a 2015 2.3 comfortmatic ducato based chausson motorhome. This has electric, but manual folding long arm door mirrors. This thread above looks to be discussing converting these to power folding.
Has anyone done this? Where can I source long arm power folding mirrors?
I assume the electrics are not too complicated for someone who knows what they are doing?

Many thanks
Rick

@redrick456 since it('s) CAN, it will be complicated :D

Unless you want to power the folding mirrors completely independently from the existing installation, according to what @Manuli suggested (it requires also a fuse + eventually a relay). Then the most complicated will be finding the mirrors.

There are 3 lengths of the mirrors in the triplets (that got a younger brother some time ago... :D - shall we still call them triplets?): short ones, middle ones (15 cm) and long ones (20 cm) - make sure which length you need, I don't know the if mirror length doesn't change something in the vehicle measurements according to the UK regulations.

Apparently from what I've heard / seen on internet the driver side windows mirror requires 8+4 pins, the passenger side 8+2 pins only (no temp sensor) + cables for the integrated / multifunction antennae (no idea on which side they are in the RHD vans).

@nikosgrk, @Manuli did you manage to retrofit the folding function?

I managed to buy the passenger side loom according to what @nikosgrk found, I'm on the hunt for the switch and got some useful information on the mirrors. I'm not sure if using other looms than those listed by @nikosgrk couldn't be possible, I found looms that have a 8x1 terminal that fits the folding mirror switch. And I'm investigating this solution. But for the moment I have no idea if it could be used for anything else, but I'm optimistic, there are not many things one could put in the door :D

I also got the idea to try to take out the motors + electronics from the short mirrors and put them into the middle ones I have, but I have no idea if it's possible. Apparently there's a spring in the manual folding mirror which is quite tricky.

I got the power mirrors regulator on the door, but surprisingly the mirrors are not electric :( I spent some time trying to find the cause of the mirrors not working (like a blown fuse or relay) to finally find out that there are no motors in the mirrors.

So the project got a higher priority :) instead of buying power mirrors now and then trying to find a folding set I started to look for the final solution.

I will share some details if I'll get to something interesting.

Just a little reminder that the mirrors available on line [ mainly Poland ] are different to rhd ones , in that the bodies are cast to a different angle and can make adjustment difficult to see out of when trying to angle them round .

Having owned a few Seval vans and having to replace damaged mirrors and bodies etc it can be a problem , Spanish variants can be hit and miss as well ...!!!!!!!

Good point @camionpilot.
That shouldn't be the problem for nikosgrk, Manuli nor myself ;) But redrick456 should be looking for RHD ones.

The question is what part is different: the steel tube frame (it can be bent differently) or the triangle mounted to the door (it can have a different 'neutral' point) or both :) And that can be also a extra argument to combine the motor + the module at the back from a short folding mirror with a mirrors already mounted on RHD vans. I will try to check the plastic housing part numbers, as I have both of them at my place now. We'll see what ePER says to that.

Will post an update in the evening.

Its the moulding and the "tube " which the mirror pivots on , have rebuilt and bought several new ones in the past , used to have a box of bodies, glasses ect , kept me amused on a winters evening, thats when i found out the differences between them , some of the cheap housing are a lousy fit and even with a bit of fettling can still be distorted .

Last edited:
@camionpilot if you've been playing with mirrors that much, perhaps you'll be able to confirm if it is possible to take the folding mirror mechanism from the short arm mirror and put it in the medium/long arm manual mirror? I spoke with one guy who is selling mirrors in Poland from totaled cars (he's getting them probably from Germany) and he told me that it can be done, but it is quite complicated due to a spring... I wanted to order a short arm folding mirror to take it apart, but perhaps it won't be necessary as you have experience ;)

I have not done any since i sold my last van along with all the spare mirror bits , so cannot refresh my memory , but swapping over motors and electrical bits is straightforward but can be time consuming and sometimes a little fiddly but common sense and paying attention you can get it done .

Thanks again :)

My only concern is the spring in the upper 'hatch', or how it should be called. Motor + housing + cables + the module at the back won't be a problem. It screws or clips as anything else everywhere :)

I think I'll give it a try, so perhaps some instructions will appear in the forum some day :) I haven't seen folding middle/long arm mirrors online since beginning of the year.

I'll contact the guy I wrote about before to ask, perhaps he's got some spare parts that I could use to learn :D

Last edited:
Back