Technical 2014 Bravo 1.6 JTD, power limited to 20mph and no canbus communication.

Currently reading:
Technical 2014 Bravo 1.6 JTD, power limited to 20mph and no canbus communication.

Sedicivalvole92

Has anyone come across this issue before because I've never seen it before.

2014 Bravo 1.6JTD manual, 99,000mls. First issue, after vehicle has oil change done, when oil change indicator was reset with computer, there was no communication with vehicle. Service indicator eventually was reset using the pedals but them when car driven, it would go over 20mph.

The 2 issues with the car are;

1: Power is limited to 20mph, no warning lights on, no messages and no fault codes to go by. Have found that there is a ECM software update for lack of power after a non Fiat scan tool is used on the vehicle.

2: Even with an Examiner, I cannot connect with any of the control modules in the vehicle. The odd thing is the Examiner can still read the vin and mileage. I've still got correct can bus voltage and termination resistance. Have connected a second BCM and can communicate with it and every other module except the ECM.

It's got me completely stumped at this stage.

2014 Bravo 1.6JTD manual, 99,000mls. First issue, after vehicle has oil change done, when oil change indicator was reset with computer, there was no communication with vehicle. Service indicator eventually was reset using the pedals but them when car driven, it would go over 20mph.

1: Power is limited to 20mph, no warning lights on, no messages and no fault codes to go by. Have found that there is a ECM software update for lack of power after a non Fiat scan tool is used on the vehicle.

2: Even with an Examiner, I cannot connect with any of the control modules in the vehicle. The odd thing is the Examiner can still read the vin and mileage. I've still got correct can bus voltage and termination resistance. Have connected a second BCM and can communicate with it and every other module except the ECM.

Hi, I have the same problem… Did you found the fix?
Thx

@Sedicivalvole92

Didnt see your original post.. did you figure out what happened

20mph - 30kmh is thst the same in 2nd and 4th..?

So not an RPM limit.. but actual wheel speed ??
Yes, it doesn't matter if it's in 2nd or 3th. When stationary the car revs well, at the start or uphill it's strong but when it reaches 30-40 it's limited

Any solution? 😥

I had (or the wife's 1.2 Punto did) a similar problem. It wouldn't drive over 2000 rpm or about 25 mph. It started when I was using a electric inflator and the fuse controling it melted

So having no spare fuse to continue the tyre inflation (and instead of substitution of a bit of 10a fuse wire) I stole a fuse from what I thought was a unused fuse for the Aircon motor (don't have Aircon!!!!) The Punto started the yellow warning triangle light and wouldn't drive faster than 25 mph. Limp mode!!¡!!!!!!

Well until it warmed up or a very small incline was in its path.
The Aa (and their shadow from the Island of Bute, who attended the incident) could not figure it out either. So I contacted someone on here and the told me to replace the fuse I removed.

And carry spare fuses (plenty of space in the fusebox for spares) but through time I had used all the red 10a ones.

Last edited:
I had (or the wife's 1.2 Punto did) a similar problem. It wouldn't drive over 2000 rpm or about 25 mph. It started when I was using a electric inflator and the fuse controling it melted

So having no spare fuse to continue the tyre inflation (and instead of substitution of a bit of 10a fuse wire) I stole a fuse from what I thought was a unused fuse for the Aircon motor (don't have Aircon!!!!) The Punto started the yellow warning triangle light and wouldn't drive faster than 25 mph. Limp mode!!¡!!!!!!

Well until it warmed up or a very small incline was in its path.
The Aa (and their shadow from the Island of Bute, who attended the incident) could not figure it out either. So I contacted someone on here and the told me to replace the fuse I removed.

And carry spare fuses (plenty of space in the fusebox for spares) but through time I had used all the red 10a ones.
If I start the car and disconnect the abs module, the car already runs fine but errors appear and then the can bus has no connection to know what is happening

Cruise uses the wheel speed sensors.. thats why I asked :)
Ah ok

If I start the car and disconnect the abs module, the car already runs fine but errors appear and then the can bus has no connection to know what is happening

I'm still working on this issue. At the moment I have no communication with the Body computer or Engine control module. I confirmed that the communication issue is with the modules themselves rather than a wiring issue. When I connected older modules out of a 2010 car, I can communicate with them.

I am currently waiting on fiat technical to get back to me on this.

And what @Sedicivalvole92 did you manage to fix it? I have the same problem. I heard something that you can update the driver to version 16A3 and then the problem will be solved. But so far I don't have anyone who could do it, and fiat service no longer supports my software. And as for the rest, does anyone know anything or heard anything about what can be done about it?

I have access to the Fiat manuals that all services get and I found the following information there:
nuova.png

I solved the problem, if anyone is curious how, you can write to me or in this topic

Back