Technical 2013 Ducato 3lt with comfortmatic box

Currently reading:
Technical 2013 Ducato 3lt with comfortmatic box

Billybobsdad

The clutch assembly on my van appears to have gone west. Having rung round a number of "Fiat Professional" dealers they all appear to be full until May. One actually quoted £8000! So I am doing it myself. The question I have is does the clutch and gear change assembly on top of the box have to come off in order to get sufficient space to shuffle it out? The necessary stands and gearbox cradle are available but I am doing it on the drive.
Your help would be appreciated

The clutch assembly on my van appears to have gone west. Having rung round a number of "Fiat Professional" dealers they all appear to be full until May. One actually quoted £8000! So I am doing it myself. The question I have is does the clutch and gear change assembly on top of the box have to come off in order to get sufficient space to shuffle it out? The necessary stands and gearbox cradle are available but I am doing it on the drive.
Your help would be appreciated
In answer to my own question, yes sort of. The cradle containing the selector fluid and the clutch fluid bottles come off along with the master cylinder and dangle over the side. Remove the clutch fluid, that will be the black grunge passing for dot 4 brake fluid first as this will spill out. No need to remove owt else, then pop the lot out. Oh the person on some other forum who said it was a three hour job was on drugs!

In answer to my own question, yes sort of. The cradle containing the selector fluid and the clutch fluid bottles come off along with the master cylinder and dangle over the side. Remove the clutch fluid, that will be the black grunge passing for dot 4 brake fluid first as this will spill out. No need to remove owt else, then pop the lot out. Oh the person on some other forum who said it was a three hour job was on drugs!
Its a shame garages dont quote times like that!

Hi, I,m in the same situation as you, the clutch index is reading 8600mm, only done 19,000 miles. So what you're saying the clutch can be done on the drive, without having to take the servo unit off the box, to split it?

Hi, I,m in the same situation as you, the clutch index is reading 8600mm, only done 19,000 miles. So what you're saying the clutch can be done on the drive, without having to take the servo unit off the box, to split it?
Its not a job for the faint hearted! Strip as much from around the box as you can. So disconnect the battery. Headlight assembly nearside off fuse box complete out air filter complete out air vent at the back off . Grill and slam panel off. No need to remove radiator or air con. Under shield off van jacked up on as many axle stands as you can muster on very firm ground. I put a tent over the van and had gearbox lift and engine crane. Work slowly and methodically. I did this all on my own but help might make it easier. I did not take the servo assembly off or drain it or depressure it. Its very tight to get out and that's why the crane and gearbox lift assist you in twisting and angling down. Its more fun putting it back in. Make sure the clutch is lined up cock on get some long bolts to line up the box to the engine so you can gently tease it back absolutely straight. Then it's sticking all the stuff back on and resetting everything on Multiecuscan. So yes can be done on your drive. I took it very steady over a couple of weeks. But it is our campervan and lives on its own bit of drive out of the way. Good luck!

Its not a job for the faint hearted! Strip as much from around the box as you can. So disconnect the battery. Headlight assembly nearside off fuse box complete out air filter complete out air vent at the back off . Grill and slam panel off. No need to remove radiator or air con. Under shield off van jacked up on as many axle stands as you can muster on very firm ground. I put a tent over the van and had gearbox lift and engine crane. Work slowly and methodically. I did this all on my own but help might make it easier. I did not take the servo assembly off or drain it or depressure it. Its very tight to get out and that's why the crane and gearbox lift assist you in twisting and angling down. Its more fun putting it back in. Make sure the clutch is lined up cock on get some long bolts to line up the box to the engine so you can gently tease it back absolutely straight. Then it's sticking all the stuff back on and resetting everything on Multiecuscan. So yes can be done on your drive. I took it very steady over a couple of weeks. But it is our campervan and lives on its own bit of drive out of the way. Good luck!
ok, thanks for that info

Back