500 2013 500 Lounge radio has gone silent :-(

Currently reading:
500 2013 500 Lounge radio has gone silent :-(

Garymcd

Hi there, my daughter has a 2013 500 Lounge. We bought it 2 years ago and it has been faultless. This morning the radio stopped working. It appears as though everything is normal. It lights up, changes station, volume goes up and down, scrolls through the menu etc, but no sound, not even static. When she plugs her phone in, its the same and we even tried a CD but nothing. I have checked all the fuses I can find which might relate to the stereo and all appear ok. The battery is good, it hasn't been disconnected in months. I cant see any reason at all why it would just stop. Would anyone have any idea what could cause this?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Gary

Welcome, I think it's going to need pulling out just to check the two plugs in the rear and fuse on the rear of the radio-given it comes on I don't think the fuse to be at fault?
Assuming you car does not have an external amplifier I'd suspect the "radio" is at fault if that is the case its a decision on do I get a second hand one or go aftermarket giving vastly better connectivity no cd and DAB say.

Also it's well known that the Bluetooth module fails, I just wonder if it's holding the radio "muted" again a radio out job.

Google how to remove the radio, you'll need two "keys" to pull it out

I had a problem with the display and quickly found that you can replace the entire front panel. T/o be honest it sounds like yours is more likely the amplifier gone. Can't say I've ever come across this. A complete replacement is always going to be the best rather than trying to faff around with it, you can pick them up with codes for under £100 on eBay usually.

Back