General 2012 New Panda - all comments here please :)

Currently reading:
General 2012 New Panda - all comments here please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally didn't notice the problem with the height or my legs positioning, but we're all different and an adjustment option is certainly a bonus to cater to all-probably should have been a standard fit rather than an option though.

regarding deals, I've just had a card through from my dealer stating 'Name your deal' where I've been invited in to specifically bargain a deal on a new Fiat, so they're certainly open to offers....If I can get the deal I had on the last 2, then I may be up for it! :)

Gazz-bee, you say at 5'11" you feel it's too high? I'm the same but actually feel quite comfortable at that height.persoanl choice I suppose, but having the choice is always worthwhile.

To be fair this isn't a surprise to me, I have the same problem with my 500 (thankfully adjustable seats as standard) and can't drive using the other half's seat height setting.

I like to sit quite upright in the car so found with a relatively vertical seat-back position that there wasn't a lot of headroom for me as well as the steering wheel/legs clearance issue. Also the sunvisor, when folded down, was below my eye level - great for shielding against the sun but not so good for driving!!

Ah, the sunvisor is a different thing and I too suffer with that exact issue and find that I usually just bring it part way down as it does otherwise obscure vision.

Had a sit in one at the weekend.
The dash is nice enough in a 'oh look at me I'm shiny!' kind of way.
The footwell is still cramped.
The heater controls have gone all small and fiddly.
The handbrake looks like a sex toy.
The seats are comfy.

But the thing I remember most is the unfathomably hard plastic head restraints. They have no padding or give whatsoever. It's like they're stuffed with concrete!

Basically it didn't shout 'Buy me' unlike the Qubo parked next to it. I like Qubos.

Basically it didn't shout 'Buy me' unlike the Qubo parked next to it. I like Qubos.

Glad I'm not the only person looking at a new Panda or Qubo as the next car!

Not convinced the new Panda is going to be big enough for me.

Saw the TV advert for New Panda last night and I fear I am moving to wanting one in due course (to compliment my pumped-up 4x4, not replace it though...). I reckon a Twin-Air 4x4 with all the toys will be a fab little car and I look forward to doing the man-maths to make it an affordable decision when the time comes!

The more I see them the more I think it's got potential as the first ever brand new car I might ever buy, however pricing up the spec I'd want on the configurator I think I'll wait to get one 2nd hand, still got a couple of years finance to pay on the Mitsubishi anyways. Maybe by that time there'll be a 'hot' version :)

Picked mine up today! Absolutely love it :D

Excellent news! Hope you enjoy the car and let us know how you get on with it.

Just out of interest, when you bought yours were you able to pick one of the vehicles that was already scheduled to be built?

I can't remember the exact terminology used but there were a wide range of basic cars available in the different colours which could still be amended in terms of adding options. As a result ours is supposed to arrive within 6 weeks (some time in mid April) rather than 3 months for a fresh spec order.

Reason I ask is because of this lorry strike in Italy; not 100% sure if ours will be affected or not.

Last edited:
I've got the Fiat Panda Easy version. When I looked round showroom this one caught my eye straight away, it's the turquoise blue color and I liked the interior etc. since I didn't want to add extras or mod it they let me have the one there and then basically so got it couple days later!

Problem I'm having though is with the rear seat belts. The middle one is stuck in the service belt buckle and can't get it out as there's no release button? Any help would be appreciated!

Other than that really enjoying it and much improvement from my 09 Panda :)

I've got the Fiat Panda Easy version. When I looked round showroom this one caught my eye straight away, it's the turquoise blue color and I liked the interior etc. since I didn't want to add extras or mod it they let me have the one there and then basically so got it couple days later!

Problem I'm having though is with the rear seat belts. The middle one is stuck in the service belt buckle and can't get it out as there's no release button? Any help would be appreciated!

Other than that really enjoying it and much improvement from my 09 Panda :)

That's good to hear - apart from the seatbelt of course (can't suggest anything but hopefully you can get it sorted soon!).

Our dealer also had the same blue demo car as well, but it had alloys and fog lights as options rather than any of the flex options, so we will have to wait a bit longer for ours.

I've just bought one too! It's the 1.2 Lounge, in Mediterranean Blue, and one of the cars that is already in the country waiting to be 'assigned'. Got a very good deal on my part exchange, so went for it! Maybe get it within a couple of weeks...

I've just bought one too! It's the 1.2 Lounge, in Mediterranean Blue, and one of the cars that is already in the country waiting to be 'assigned'. Got a very good deal on my part exchange, so went for it! Maybe get it within a couple of weeks...

Yep, should be the same as us then. I gave the dealer a call today regarding a finance query and he also told me that it had been built and was waiting to be dispatched.

So we are still on track to pick up in the next couple of weeks, might well coincide with my birthday which would be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back