Technical 2010 Scudo 2.0 litre 16v Injector Rattle?

Currently reading:
Technical 2010 Scudo 2.0 litre 16v Injector Rattle?

I have a Scudo with the Peugeot 2.0 litre RHK/RHG 16 valve engine, it starts fine, no excessive smoke, however there is a rattle which is loudest using a stethoscope against the injectors/fuel rail and high pressure pump.
The noise sounds not unlike a timing chain rattle, but varies at different engine revs, but strangely not always the same revs.
In the video it is being quiet at idle but comes in as you bring revs up, then goes off around 1250 rpm, but not always, sometimes it is at higher revs to around 3000rpm, there is reasonable power although you may see camera move as slight "pulsing" noticeable on the road at times.
Engine ran really bad when I bought it and noisy, fitting a second hand pump improved the running, but still noisy, a new pressure regulator made little difference.
It has a new fuel filter, engine flush , new oil and filter etc. No engine codes showing.
My thoughts are towards injectors though have read where owners have gone to the expense and no improvement.
My next thoughts are to do a leak off test of the injectors.
I don't have MES however from looking on Gendan site it appears to be one not listed as compatible.I can get some readings from neighbors Launch diagnostic and occasional use of friends Snap On Zeus diagnostic by arrangement.
The noise in video doesn't do it justice as much louder by engine.
Sorry not having a lot of luck with video, first two were too big and now this one doesn't seem to have sound, Duh!
Perhaps someone can tell me why I can hear the sound of the recording on my PC, but not on the Forum video?

Attachments

• DSCF2271.MOV
    48.2 MB
Last edited:
Further to my "injector rattle" I have borrowed a friends Launch tool to show a graph of injection pressure and as unable to include revs on graph, I have taken video next to rev counter, you can also hear the rattle at the same time.
Sensible solutions appreciated. Yet again for some reason no sound, although rattle corresponds with the jagged injection readings on the graph.;)

Attachments

• DSCF2273.MOV
    56.7 MB
Back