Technical 2010 Doblo Maxi 1.6 Black smoke and performance then error codes and limp mode until deleted.

Currently reading:
Technical 2010 Doblo Maxi 1.6 Black smoke and performance then error codes and limp mode until deleted.

Starting from cold with no error codes vehicle starts and runs smoothly, but will not rev above about 2500rpm, on road as warming up vehicle pulls OK but with moderate black smoke, on dual carriageway warmed up revs normally, then goes into limp mode, no EML, but code read as P010F (Air Mass/Air Flow Incongruence) cleared code, engine revs normally so back along dual carriageway, full throttle but moderate black smoke, followed by limp mode and no smoke. Read code P0238 (Turbo Pressure) Note turbo is new due to bearing failure and oil burning on old unit. I have physically measured turbo boost also as that code can indicate a high boost pressure (I adjusted the turbo to reduce boost with no improvement) and also vacuum at the activator and have checked for pressure and vacuum leaks in the system. Cleared P0238 Code and due to heavier traffic drove moderately back, no EML but engine will not rev above approx. 3000rpm and no power. Checked code again P010F has returned, clear code and engine revs again with moderate black smoke.
Both MAP and MAF sensors have been changed with no difference. Also when limp mode present turbo vacuum is still operating as normal. Full vacuum at EGR activator when cold and drops to zero as warmed up, checked physically.
Throttle sensor showed 5% sometimes higher, but seems to not reflect accelerator position. So if someone can tell me what it should be doing at certain times that I can physically check with turbo pipe off that may be a start.
By the way all my readings are either with a Launch 129X Pro or a Snap On Zeus due to the fact I only use Linux O/S so Multiscan not applicable.

Back