Technical 2007 1.4 throttle body.

Currently reading:
Technical 2007 1.4 throttle body.

Danvanman

Good afternoon oh wise ones. I really didn't think I'd be asking another question so soon after my last one but surprisingly here I am.
I noticed that a breather hose that sits on the top of the engine and runs to the air filter box was perished and the area around it was oily so I had a look on eBay and found a replacement. It arrived and much to my surprise I fit it today (I'm an electrician not a mechanic). It was actually a really simple job.
My question is that I noticed that the throttle opening/carb (forgive me as I say I'm not a mechanic nor am I overly familiar with correct terminology) was oily and gunky. Should this be clean? Should this be cleaned? How would a layman like myself tackle such a job? I might just add that the vehicle runs beautifully. I have replaced the air filter recently. Oil was changed 3k miles ago. Should I just pretend that I didn't see that bit?
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

Good afternoon oh wise ones. I really didn't think I'd be asking another question so soon after my last one but surprisingly here I am.
I noticed that a breather hose that sits on the top of the engine and runs to the air filter box was perished and the area around it was oily so I had a look on eBay and found a replacement. It arrived and much to my surprise I fit it today (I'm an electrician not a mechanic). It was actually a really simple job.
My question is that I noticed that the throttle opening/carb (forgive me as I say I'm not a mechanic nor am I overly familiar with correct terminology) was oily and gunky. Should this be clean? Should this be cleaned? How would a layman like myself tackle such a job? I might just add that the vehicle runs beautifully. I have replaced the air filter recently. Oil was changed 3k miles ago. Should I just pretend that I didn't see that bit?
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.
There are suitable sprays available to clean the gunk off and if careful can be used with an old toothbrush etc.
However do not exert any force on butterfly etc. or try to move it and follow instruction on the can.
Finally if unsure and vehicle is running well, it may be wise to leave alone.:)

There are suitable sprays available to clean the gunk off and if careful can be used with an old toothbrush etc.
However do not exert any force on butterfly etc. or try to move it and follow instruction on the can.
Finally if unsure and vehicle is running well, it may be wise to leave alone.:)
Thank you very much for getting back to me. I think, as you say, as the old girl is running well I'll leave it well alone.

Back