Technical 2006 Original satnav/phone/radio unit questions

Currently reading:
Technical 2006 Original satnav/phone/radio unit questions

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Hi there, I have recently bought this love old Ducato 06 2.8JTD Bus.
I came with this unit installed, and i reckon it's a multi radio/satnav/phone/reverse camera thingy.
BUT - it only "blips" once in a while and can't be turned on.

Is it worth trying to fix it?
Or should I just be looking at a DIN II radio to put in?
I would actually love to use the space for a bigger tablet to run google maps on, and relocate the radio further down, where there is a slot.

BUT then i would also need a screen for the reverse camera then.

Bugger me if I know what to do with it.

20230307_115849.jpg
20230307_115836.jpg

20230307_115830.jpg

Skærmbillede 2023-03-01 064156.jpg

Your photos show a "Connect Unit" which are rare indeed. A small amount of info may be found here.
Pheew, thats a lot to go through in order to troubleshoot.😭
So I guess it is out of the question to just get another one at a car salvage ifølge they Are rare.
Do you know of any conversions to another setup, with a 2 DIN radio?

Pheew, thats a lot to go through in order to troubleshoot.😭
So I guess it is out of the question to just get another one at a car salvage ifølge they Are rare.
Do you know of any conversions to another setup, with a 2 DIN radio?
And I thought that it was simple when compared to ECU and instrument panel diagrams, which are in two sections!
Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen did originally produce 2 DIN housings, but no longer available. Some Italians have made there own and posted on camperonline.it. Also some Chinese versions on Ebay.

And I thought that it was simple when compared to ECU and instrument panel diagrams, which are in two sections!
Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen did originally produce 2 DIN housings, but no longer available. Some Italians have made there own and posted on camperonline.it. Also some Chinese versions on Ebay.
I was more thinking about the actual radio units avalable. If any fits with the electrical parts. Ex. The reverse camera etc.
The housing around to mount it in, I can make.

I have a spare Ducato Connect-Nav unit. Unfortunately, I don't know if it works, and I don't have the security code for it.
Thanks for the offer, but I think I will just try to find a 2 DIN radio unit with input for the reverse camera instead.
Besides, my wife likes the idea of using a mounted tablet for navigation on google maps.

I have a spare Ducato Connect-Nav unit. Unfortunately, I don't know if it works, and I don't have the security code for it.
Do you wanna sell it? If Yes tell me the price please. Condition is no matter. I need it to reverse engineering.
regards

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back