General 2005 4x4 climbing

Currently reading:
General 2005 4x4 climbing

racing stripe

Hi everyone being new to 4x4 panda I've just bought a 2005 climbing and was interested to find out if there is any difference to other 4x4 panda of same age .
Oh and how dose 4x4 system work is it a viscous diff thanks for any information

You can google specifications and there are some good sites out there. Wikipedia has a good breakdown and there is a 5 part History of the Fiat Panda on the web thats packed with information on versions. I believe the one you have is a haldex type coupling that locks when slippage is detected in a mechanical way. I love the designation of a climbing Panda just sounds right. There are some subtle differences but I cant remember wnat these are. Its certainly covered in the things I have indicated.

Copied from another thread

I've also been wondering about which Panda 4x4's have which systems installed, so this was a good thread! To summarize, as I understand it:

* Panda mk III 4x4 Climbing: Viscous coupling, open differentials. Exeptions post 2010.
* Panda mk III 4x4 Cross: Electro-magentic coupling, open differentials (with ELD).
* Panda mk IV 4x4 (Cross and non-Cross): Electro-magnetic coupling, open differentials (with ELD).

But again not 100%

Different countries, left over parts, and so on

169 finished in 2012 but they didn’t throw away stock and were sold for a year or 2 afterwards

Copied from another thread

I've also been wondering about which Panda 4x4's have which systems installed, so this was a good thread! To summarize, as I understand it:

* Panda mk III 4x4 Climbing: Viscous coupling, open differentials. Exeptions post 2010.
* Panda mk III 4x4 Cross: Electro-magentic coupling, open differentials (with ELD).
* Panda mk IV 4x4 (Cross and non-Cross): Electro-magnetic coupling, open differentials (with ELD).

But again not 100%

Different countries, left over parts, and so on

169 finished in 2012 but they didn’t throw away stock and were sold for a year or 2 afterwards
Thanks big help

Back