Technical 2004 swb 2.0 jtd

Currently reading:
Technical 2004 swb 2.0 jtd

Heya peeps, I'm having a mare trying to find the torque setting for the Injector Bolt/Nut on these things.

I forget the technical term for it, but there is a claw/ pinch part that effectively tightens down on the Injector holding it in place with enough force to squish the sealing washer etc.

I initially tightened to full on white knuckle hand tight with new washer but on first start up is leaking so I'm sure it needs more torque/ nipping up etc.

I've found what I'm talking about on google, but specifically in relation to mercedes model. That advises that its bolt should be tightened to a torque of 7nm initially and then a further x2 quarter turns, do you think these would be similar with additional turns etc?

Chrz

Thanks.....done that, just needed the torque. Without it, I simply nipped it up more yesterday with a bit more leverage applied. I was worried about over tightening but thankfully I was able to get a sudden crimp/ squish on the bolt with quite a bit of pressure, went no further and now sealed.
To help others in the future.....if anyone does know the specific torque and procedure, quarter turns etc please post it to round this off (pardon the pun) properly.

Back