Technical 2002 Punto CD Player problem

Currently reading:
Technical 2002 Punto CD Player problem

eastwoom

My 2nd message today !

I have a 2002 Punto Active with the upgraded Blaupunkt CD Player but one of the buttons "BN" always gets stuck in the on position rendering the CD player useless. Has anyone else come across this problem ?

Mark.

Hi again yeah my cd player does that with the volume buttoms you have 2 take it back let them check it out also does ur cd player comes uo error or sayin cd changer when u turn the engine on? also when u reverse or turnin the steering wheel does it make any funny noises? coz mine do and its like wire catchin on summit.

I don't know if this is relevant or helpful...

I have a 2000 Punto with a Radio-Casette up front and a boot mounted CD-changer. Last summer I managed to get the head unit to not recognise the presence of the changer by powering on with a new magazine, it started to scan and then I turned it off (after about 1 second of the scan). I managed to fix it by removing the fuse to the stereo and replacing it (same actual fuse). The Punto's stereo is coded to the rest of the car, so no code input after a power interruption is required if it's in the original Punto.

I have a 2001 Punto with a Blaupunkt CD radio....if the car goes over a pothole or road imperfection (and Ireland is full of these) the radio cuts out...it's still on but all I get is static...could it be as simple as a loose antenna wire or is it deeper into the unit?...

fortunately, I am getting the dealer to replace the entire radio, but I was under the impression that Blaupunkt radio's were very reliable and of high quality....

Take care
[8D]

My blaupunt cd player in my 2002 active sport is doing the same thing, it is literally every other power up that i get cd changer message, any one know whats going on??

i occasionaly get the cd changer thing but rarely. Volume button occasional sticks but not much. I seem to have escaped thus far. :)

the descent into insanity continues unabated

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by fiatpunto
My blaupunt cd player in my 2002 active sport is doing the same thing, it is literally every other power up that i get cd changer message, any one know whats going on??

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Does this happen when u start the car? Try waiting until the code keylight on your instrument panel has gone off before fully turing the ignition.

Back