Technical 2002 Ducato - Injector warning light and no throttle response

Currently reading:
Technical 2002 Ducato - Injector warning light and no throttle response

Sheeplover

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.
Motorhome was standing for about 2 months and when started, had the injector warning light on solid and no throttle response.
Can you list the potential issues that are likely to cause this please, I am waiting for someone to put the diagnostic tester on it, so no idea if there are any fault codes showing.
Thanks, Nick.

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.
Motorhome was standing for about 2 months and when started, had the injector warning light on solid and no throttle response.
Can you list the potential issues that are likely to cause this please, I am waiting for someone to put the diagnostic tester on it, so no idea if there are any fault codes showing.
Thanks, Nick.
I've had the same issue. Try turning on the ignition, don't start the engine. Give full throttle and hold. Injector light may go out. Without turning ignition off start engine. Throttle response should return. It may not work in your case but worth a try. The issue I think is the wiring and plugs ( high resistance)between the TPS( throttle position sensor) and ECU. I had a problem with one of the ground wires having no continuity so fitted a jumper wire. I still get no throttle response now and again(I use this trick)and have yet to find the plug responsible cut it off and solder the wires.

I've had the same issue. Try turning on the ignition, don't start the engine. Give full throttle and hold. Injector light may go out. Without turning ignition off start engine. Throttle response should return. It may not work in your case but worth a try. The issue I think is the wiring and plugs ( high resistance)between the TPS( throttle position sensor) and ECU. I had a problem with one of the ground wires having no continuity so fitted a jumper wire. I still get no throttle response now and again(I use this trick)and have yet to find the plug responsible cut it off and solder the wires.
Thanks, trying to get as much information before my motor genius mechanic takes a look. :)

Sorry 2.8 JTD
As Robi has mentioned, there have been reported problems with the accelerator connections on the x230 model. Apparently the six wires from the accelerator potentiometers are routed via a six way connector behind the glovebox. This would make sense to accomodate LHD & RHD driving positions. There reported cure is to remove the connector, and permanently (solder) the wires together. Alternatively a quicker fix, or confirmation, (You still have to find the connector.) may be to try contact cleaner.

As Robi has mentioned, there have been reported problems with the accelerator connections on the x230 model. Apparently the six wires from the accelerator potentiometers are routed via a six way connector behind the glovebox. This would make sense to accomodate LHD & RHD driving positions. There reported cure is to remove the connector, and permanently (solder) the wires together. Alternatively a quicker fix, or confirmation, (You still have to find the connector.) may be to try contact cleaner.
Thanks, will give all the info to my learned friend when he has a look and let you know how he resolves...hopefully.

Well, the connector behind the glove box was useful information, rodent visit which had chewed two wires right through and started on the insulation on another!!
All repaired and working. Apparently the injector fault light is an error for the 'low speed fan relay'.

Back