Technical 2001 punto alarm/central locking issued please help!

Currently reading:
Technical 2001 punto alarm/central locking issued please help!

ronnie111

:cry:

hi,
recently bought 2001 punto 1.2, i have one blue key, a separate round blue fob with button and a small black key thats says meta on it.
I have never used the fob as i didnt think it worked but today i pressed the button the car locked and now won't unlock!
the blue key doesn't fit the drivers door lock and if i use if on the passenger side the alarm goes off.
i have put a new battery in the fob but is still not working. why would the fob just randomly work once and not again??
I read somewhere you can use the black key to turn alarm off, is this right and if so how do you do this.
I need urgent help i cant use the car now:cry:
thanks

more than likely will be infra red if its a seperate fob, try standing all orientations to the car to try and get it to work, if it is infra red though you have to have the fob at 'line-of-sight' meaning your fob must see the receiver.

If its sonic then I have no idea, could always get a coat hanger and pop the lock from between the window and door, I've done this on a VeeDub after locking the keys inside.

Black key I guess would either be door or ignition activated for alarm but don't hold me to that.

Back