Technical 2000 multipla engine mounts

Currently reading:
Technical 2000 multipla engine mounts

cheapomulti

Hi there Im a noob on here so go gentle.
I've just picked up a cheap X plate 1.6 Multipla (hence forum name)
But It feels like the enigine mounts are shot (I can feel the engine moving as I drive it) ....
Also the fron flexi exhuast pipe is shot and I believe the shot mountings caused this...I can get a brand new flexi pipe cheap no problem but....
my question is is there another supplier of the mounts apart from fiat and a good old scrap yard.....I've found 99% of the other parts needed to get it back to full health from other supliers....just stuck for the mountings and unless fiat have changed since I had my tipo they'll cost and arm and leg from them.
P.s I was mechanic for several years before going into industrial engineering so I'm not afraid of a spanner but If any ones replaced a mountings before and knows of issues there I'd love some hints.

thanks

well I've ordered tham from fiat
and the price wasn't to bad the two front mounts are £45 each and the rear mount is £25 .....i was expecting a higher price.

I've replaced the down pipe and flexi mounting (total cost of £48) as well as removing the cat and giving it a good blow out....I have a new O2 sensor but the old one tested just fine so I've re-fiited it for now (the exhuast from the cat back was brand new when I bought the car)....access was a bit tricky but I've done plenty of worse cars.

Last edited:
I really think you need to change your name from cheapomulti to notsocheapomulti what do you think?:D glad your still enthusiastic though.

well as it turns out one of the engine mounts (front timing side)was wrong :mad:

but happily they exchanged it for the correct part which was half the price so I got money back and as good will they gave me the seat release cable I need, which saves me another £12....:)

The multi only cost me £800 for a 56K mile X reg 1.6 I had already factored in the cost of mechanical and body repairs and as long as the engine dosent blow up It'll be all done for ~£1250 which isn't too bad and I'll know I've been over the car properly and know it'll be safe for my wife and kids....only time will tell if it stays a cheap car.....:confused:

its only really the cam belt kit (which I got for £65 for a 'continental' one) and the body repairs left now.

I almost forgot to say changing the engine mounts on the multi was by far the easiest I've done for a long while....at least one things easy...

Last edited:
Hi Cheapo,
When I got the multi,my first fiat, I too expected to be fleeced for parts from the dealer.I found though they are pretty reasonable (maybe 'cos they sell so many),comparable to parts from other suppliers and at least you know you are getting the guenuine item.

Hmmmm
dont get too caught up in the only use genuine parts hype dude.....not of course saying that you are....

I have lost count of how many times I've been to dealers to pick up parts only to find inside the box it was made by a LUK (best clutches on the uk by far) or Gates or continental Ect.... which I or the owner of the car could have picked up for a fraction of the cost elsewhere.......some people however arn't happy unless it comes in a dealers box..

Some times 3rd party parts can be better.....for expample ford original brake pads for the focus are Poo (imho as an experienced mechaninc)....but if you use ferrodo premier pads the car stops better and the pads last longer and they can be bought for a couple of quid cheaper than the ford ones....

I am also a big believer of using tinternet so research parts....thats why forums like this are so valuable....

One thing I will say is that Desira in Bury seem at first dealings to be a friendly bunch...

Last edited:
Fair points Cheapo,I'm not a mechanic so take on board what you say....and agree that this forum is a godsend for advise,there's always someone who will know.

Back