General 2.8JTD Cambelt

Currently reading:
General 2.8JTD Cambelt

Jezport

I need my cambelt doing in my 2.8jtd Ducato as it is now 4 years old.

What should I pay for it doing including the parts?
Also, can anyone recomend someone decent near Leeds?

even fiat who try to get you into their workshops only say every 5 years , and frankly that is very conservative
unless , of course you have covered a lot of miles and that is the reason you are changing!

even fiat who try to get you into their workshops only say every 5 years , and frankly that is very conservative
unless , of course you have covered a lot of miles and that is the reason you are changing!

No I only have 10K on it, but was told to have it done at 4 years

Hi
I have just changed the Timing Belt on our 2003 2.8 JTD, with it being 6 years old but has only 43,000K on the clock. But with the time factor I thought it was safer to replace them. I also replaced the two pulleys as well & on close inspection of the removed parts I could not see any wear or deterioration on the belt or any bearing wear or noise from the pulleys etc.
But as belt failure will result in near catastrophic engine damage I thought it was time to replace them just to be safe. I have written a step by step guide of what was involved in replacing the belt & pulleys & what I encounted on mine (fitted with A/C) with some pics but with the accessibility on these vehicles I was limited in what I could take photos of. I will put it up on the forum at some stage if people are interested.

Hi
I have just changed the Timing Belt on our 2003 2.8 JTD, with it being 6 years old but has only 43,000K on the clock. But with the time factor I thought it was safer to replace them. I also replaced the two pulleys as well & on close inspection of the removed parts I could not see any wear or deterioration on the belt or any bearing wear or noise from the pulleys etc.
But as belt failure will result in near catastrophic engine damage I thought it was time to replace them just to be safe. I have written a step by step guide of what was involved in replacing the belt & pulleys & what I encounted on mine (fitted with A/C) with some pics but with the accessibility on these vehicles I was limited in what I could take photos of. I will put it up on the forum at some stage if people are interested.

Thanks.(y)

Hi
Yes please (y)

Back