General 2.2 Diesel Engines

Currently reading:
General 2.2 Diesel Engines

Hi all, help needed!! My 2003 Ulysse engine has siezed injectors, going to cost £2500 to have them drilled out then replaced!! Has anyone ever put either a Peugeot or Citroen 2.2 diesel into a Ulysse? I can get a 2004 607 with 91000 miles needing an auto gearbox for £1000. Also would a 2.o diesel drop in instead of a 2.2? Failing that, anybody looking parts of a 2003 Ulysse Prestigio, six leather seats, RT3sat nav etc? Any help greatly appreciated, Brian.

I think the basic engine is the same, don't know about all the electrical bits, may be different due to auto trans etc. sounds very expensive to do the job, is the head gone or what? There are pullers available to take out the injectors, I have seen a home made one in action and all injectors came out OK.:D

Hello Brian, i made a tool to extract the injectors from my ulysse. Needed to get them out in order to repair the engine following snapped cambelt. Are you inclined to make a tool yourself and give it a go at removing the injectors ? I can tell you what you need to make a tool that worked for me.

Regards

Andy.

Thanks for the replies, one faulty injector was causing car to idle roughly and won`t pull up hills. Mechanic tried everything to remove it, including heat and the use of two large bars, actually one bar started to bend!! Local engineering company have experience of drilling out injectors, they ream them out from the middle until they`re left with a paper thin edge which can then be "peeled" away, £150 per injector. Only hope is that mechanic can remove some without having to resort to this with every one. Anybody know where i can get reasonably priced injectors? At the end of all this i should have an engine with new injectors, glow plugs, water pump and timing belt kit.

Hi all, just to give you a quick update. Got car back last week, with 4 new injectors, head skimmed and new gasket kit, timing belt kit, glow plugs, water pump oil air and fuel filters, gearbox fluid, bottom pulley replaced and new alternator belt and tensioner, and new turbo boost valve. Total spend, circa £3000. Went great for 4 days, then on a 50 mile motorway run, lost power, smoke came through vents, and when I pulled over, the engine revved up to 4000 revs on its own. Turbo gone!! Beginning to hate everything Fiat, even thinking of disliking anything Italian.

Last edited:
Hello Brian, i made a tool to extract the injectors from my ulysse. Needed to get them out in order to repair the engine following snapped cambelt. Are you inclined to make a tool yourself and give it a go at removing the injectors ? I can tell you what you need to make a tool that worked for me.

Regards

Andy.
Hi Andy,
Just been advised that have same problem with engine / cambelt etc & will probably need to get injectors out. Currently, trying to work out what to do for the best.
If there's a chance that making a tool like you mention might give me some hope of recovering the situation, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know what's needed to create the tool.
Many thanks
Paul

Back