General Ulysse 2.2 jtd prestigo new owner says hello

Currently reading:
General Ulysse 2.2 jtd prestigo new owner says hello

t4xy

Hello everyone

After recently going off road and parking my trusty 51 plate JTD ulysse in a ditch I have recently purchased the newer model 2.2 JTD Prestigo on a 55 plate. so far I am really pleased with the car although it did take some getting used to as its nothing like the previous model. being a keen DIY mechanic I have become alarmed as to the many problems this model seems to suffer from especially the EGR and DPF warning lights and limp home mode? considering my new ride has 160k miles I have none of these problems (yet) and as I am impressed with the car I am keen to keep on top of things if possible, I always use quality oil and filters, fuel additives etc but giving the car a quick once over under the bonnet most components seem almost out of sight as the engine sits so deep under the windscreen, how the hell do you work on this engine do you have to drop the engine down or are things accessible from underneath etc. I did plan to remove the egr valve and give it a good clean but I cant even see it ! I am still finding my way around the dashboard controls so no doubt I will also be posting lots of stupid questions like what is the "Auto" button on the drivers mirror for?

Peter

Nightmare to work on.!
Remove scuttle trims etc to give more room but would help if your eyes were in your fingers.!
I think the 2.2 had the additive system ...... has it been refilled and system reset recently.? The wiring to the filler neck sensor used to suffer with corrosion.
Rear washer pipe prone to leak inside osr 1/4 trim.
The inlet manifold swirl flaps are operated by a vacuum diaphragm unit on n/s of cylinder head which breaks.
The egr is on rear of engine on n/s if I remember correctly.
I think the auto thing on the mirrors was for setting the fold of the mirrors when you lock the car.

Last edited:
Back