General 2.0MJ 165 vs 1.4T-Jet 150

Currently reading:
General 2.0MJ 165 vs 1.4T-Jet 150

Yep, I still can't working out if the M32 gearbox is origional Fiat's or GM, but I know Fiat are leaders in Diesel engine tech (not that well published), so would assume Vauxhall / Opel use their engine with no changes and that its Fiat that make them as well.

From what I've seen on eBay with them being sold the 1.3MJ in the Panda and Corsa etc are identical.

I think the 1.3 is but from what I've read the larger diesels seem to be a different matter, it says somewhere on the web (but that doesn't make it true of course) that opel engines are assembled in Germany I suspect the core components are the same but there may be detail design differences, there is very little info at all from fiat on the net about it even the multijet 2 site seems to have been deleted. M32 box is another case where I can't seem to fathom out its true origins.

Yep, I still can't working out if the M32 gearbox is origional Fiat's or GM, but I know Fiat are leaders in Diesel engine tech (not that well published), so would assume Vauxhall / Opel use their engine with no changes and that its Fiat that make them as well.

From what I've seen on eBay with them being sold the 1.3MJ in the Panda and Corsa etc are identical.

Vauxhall/Opel aren't the only ones to use Fiat diesel engines. Suzuki use a lot of Fiat diesels as well, the 1.3 in the swift for example, the 1.6/1.9/2.0 in the SX4, 1.9 in the vitara, etc...

I recently traded in my 2.0 Multijet in sport trim in as I am no longer doing mileage to justify keeping it. Gone from about 20,000 per year to about 10,000 with a job change.

Mine was faultless with the only failure being a Lambda sensor needing replacement but that's nothing is it. Never had the DPF light come on in all the time I had it.

It was a completely unexpected change for me and I was sad to see it go. And I had just spend out quite a bit on new front tyres and cambelt change!

My only gripe with it was the diesel clatter did get quite bad as it got older / mileage increased however this wasn't evident at motorway speed.

Last edited:
Back