General 2.0 20v engine cover.

Currently reading:
General 2.0 20v engine cover.

nissanmansco

Established member
Right lads i own a 2.0 20v 1997 marea. now you all know what the spark plug cover looks like. The other day at the scrappies i found a absolutley minted y reg 155 20v with nothing wrong outside and interior wise, maybe engine problem. Now when i looked at the engine bay it had a big black plastic engine cover on it with 20v emblazoned on it.

My question is would this fit my 2.0 engine or was there a diff on the top of the engines

Hellcat said:
As far as I know the 147 and 155 had different engine covers? The 155 version got a plastic cover to tie it in with the rest of the range.

yup but if you replaced the rocker cover(which i bet is the same size) you could have the plastic cover :cool: or not cool as i think the alu one is mint, getting mine all chromed

The plastic cover will only fit the 155 model, the top end is completely different to the 147 one. On the 155 the cam carrier is made from some special plastic, whereas on the 147 it all aluminium. To be honest prefer the earlier 147's, as Bulldog say's you can get it polished.

the change to plastic was also done on the 1.6 engines, the mk1 had a metal upper inlet manifold on top of the engine, they changed it to a plastic one on the mk2. both appear to be interchangable for anyone who's interested. as far as im concerned plastic should not appear anywhere near my engine, its so cheap and nasty, especially on an inlet manifold, whats next plastic exhausts?

Whats the best stuffd just to clean up the origional cover from a 1998?

The engine cover in question.

media

Back