General 1st time repairs

Currently reading:
General 1st time repairs

topcarp2

got the other half a cinq to learn to drive in and just had my first repairs on it before it went on the road...new rear shocks,swingarm bushes,brakeshoes,handbrake cable,backplates,front discs and pads,all is good now and it even holds on steep hills..need to address 2 more things but lookin for advice 1st..the clutch pedal seems very heavy and stiff although getting all the gears seems fine..is it possible the cable?is it easy to change?..the tappits seem ok at 1st start up but soon get very rattly and if the car is driven hard there is a very loud tappit kinda rattle coming from the engine bay...any ideas on this one guys?

a rately tapets a happy tapet

the 899 has hydraulic tapets if you want them to shut up you can change them their under the rocker cover they are very small ones built into the rocker arm but in my opinion i whould just leave them alone as it cost about 400 quid to buy new ones cos their out of production

the easiest solusion is to nick rocker shaft and and rockers out of a fiat 127 with 903cc engine and adjust them as if it were a 903 between 6 and 8 thou then they give no trouble

their a 3 types of hydraulic tapet on the chinks and seichentos the first two are a nightmare and the third give no trouble atall

To stop tapping, buy some DX tune up. About a fiver from most motor factors. Worked a treat on my old XR3i... and we all know how tappy they are! Good ole CVH engines! ;)

Clutch pedals on Cinq's are generally stiff. Blast some WD40 into the clutch cable sleeve from under the bonnet and from behind the elbow panel in the passenger footwell and it should free it up a bit!

(y)

Back