General 1st National Panday 4x4 - Peak District

Currently reading:
General 1st National Panday 4x4 - Peak District

one thing i think we should do for next time is print name badges..

there was a lot of folk that i had not met in person before and i didnt know who they were!

maybe if next time we could set it up as a proper FiatForum event i could print out some name badges. im sure i could get a load of cheap name badge holder things from ebay.

there was a lot of folk that i had not met in person before and i didnt know who they were!

maybe if next time we could set it up as a proper FiatForum event i could print out some name badges. im sure i could get a load of cheap name badge holder things from ebay.

Tbh I agree, all events imo should be in the events section, that way everyone can see it

As a fellow first timer, I agree - I knew some forum names, some real names, and some cars by the threads about them but putting all three together wasn't simple! Good job people were friendly though, got there in the end!

Tbh I agree, all events imo should be in the events section, that way everyone can see it

Yet we don't want GP owners etc coming along and failing at off roading, this is why this type of event to date hasn't been put in the events section, and it'd be good to stay this way IMHO.

It was a small enough group that we all got to know each other well enough I thought.....

Yet we don't want GP owners etc coming along and failing at off roading, this is why this type of event to date hasn't been put in the events section, and it'd be good to stay this way IMHO.

It was a small enough group that we all got to know each other well enough I thought.....

I agree with you, but I don't think GP owners would come in their GPs tbh. I wouldn't. ;) :p

I thought it was abit pointless creating another thread in the events section for this, it would only add confusion as both threads would end up running at the same time with some people posting in one and some in other. Best to keep it all in one place I thought! I think I am right in saying also that many of the Panda regulars do not venture outside of this section much so might not find an event thread!

Name badges are perhaps a good idea, but I do agree with MEP about it being a relatively small group, and alot of us know each other pretty well. I did try and greet people as they arrived, but there was so much going on that proved tricky at times!

Anyway all things to think about for next time.... anyone got any more photos?

I can only see 1 photo!

I have no idea what's going on he seems to be finding it hard to get things uploaded (broadband is not all it's lived up to be around here I'm afraid).
kolza which month are you planning on for your meet? I've never done any around the North Yorkshire Moors so it will be a good do.

I am formulating a plan for my next one as we speak, got the bug again big time!

As a fellow first timer, I agree - I knew some forum names, some real names, and some cars by the threads about them but putting all three together wasn't simple! Good job people were friendly though, got there in the end!

As a rule of thumb, just call people 'John' (or Jon) and you've got about a 50% chance of being right;)

.....unless they're a girl.

Well it took 24hrs to upload but will only waste 18 or so of your minutes. I've added some captions to help tell the tale a bit better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PtzpRlyT7M&feature=youtu.be

I've posted up some photos here as well for the moment (will transfer them to the event gallery when the time comes...

Panday Photos

Enjoy!

Just got to 7:47 and actually burst out laughing as the toy Panda on the dash board has an accident out of nowhere!

Si I must say this video is just as mad as you are my friend! In a good way of course :) the music is excellent by the way and love the fact you squeezed a shot of the happy local lady in :thumbup:

Morning Si, think an Oscar nomination is called for! best 18 mins I've had since, well you know what a mean, really funny and entertaining, really good still shots and music as well, pity you did'nt capture the alleged fence incident though(I know you were only checking it.) Brilliant

Back