Punto (Mk2/2b) '1PuntoCarl's updated 5 door progress thread'.

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) '1PuntoCarl's updated 5 door progress thread'.

Re: '1PuntoCarl's updated 5 door progress thread.'

Update:

got my alarm, central locking, and remote central locking all fitted today.

i have a gemini alarm, it has interior movement sensors in all corners, a bonnet lift sensor and a boot lift sensor.

the alarm, i must say is quite good. well worth the money to be fitted and supplied.

also, my central locking works well, i have a master solenoid in the driver door and minor solenoids in the other 3 doors.

it has a boot popper optional if i wanted it, but i already had a manual so i may get it when i get everything else done.

next thing to do is save up for insurance deposit lol...​

Re: 1PuntoCarl2's Progress thread!

Looking loads better, what do you mean you fit them without wobbly bolts, that doesn't sound too promising to me if they aren't the correct fitment, Fiat is 4x98, are the ones you have 4x100. Did you use spigot rings when you fit them as well or you will get vibrations on the motorway over 60/70mph!

Looking loads better, what do you mean you fit them without wobbly bolts, that doesn't sound too promising to me if they aren't the correct fitment, Fiat is 4x98, are the ones you have 4x100. Did you use spigot rings when you fit them as well or you will get vibrations on the motorway over 60/70mph!

yep used spigot rings. so i'm guessing there all balanced out?

i also just used to original wheel bolts and the wheels seem to be on there fine. i'll check to make sure there still tight later, but i've had them on for a while now and no problems whatsoever. (touch wood)

you got any plans for your car?

i also just used to original wheel bolts

please say that is a joke mate :eek:

You have short steel bolts in thicker alloy wheel?

Not only are they a different type of metal but they won't be long enough.......and you are using standard bolts in 100x4 pcd wheels?

Please park the car and get some bolts, they will fall off.

wwwwooooooooowwwwwww
youve come a long way mate,i take my hat off to you (y)(y)(y)(y)
you can tell you love your punto and it looks very nice for a 5 door :D
any more plans for her??

wwwwooooooooowwwwwww
youve come a long way mate,i take my hat off to you (y)(y)(y)(y)
you can tell you love your punto and it looks very nice for a 5 door :D
any more plans for her??

thanks alot for that mate, means alot ;).

yea, just got to remove dents on the passenger side, remove dents in boot, whole passenger side respray. with colour coded wing mirrors and colour coded handles, smoothed off boot and de-wiper and welded over. all finished off with the black bits on the bumpers colour coded and de-stripped on the side. all that for 300 quid :D.

then its just a matter of servicing and keeping her in good nik, aswell as being lowered and maybe window tints in the future.

i really like the black/yellow theme of your car, looks great mate.

Last edited:

thanks alot for that mate, means alot ;).

yea, just got to remove dents on the passenger side, remove dents in boot, whole passenger side respray. with colour coded wing mirrors and colour coded handles, smoothed off boot and de-wiper and welded over. all finished off with the black bits on the bumpers colour coded and de-stripped on the side. all that for 300 quid :D.

then its just a matter of servicing and keeping her in good nik, aswell as being lowered and maybe window tints in the future.

i really like the black/yellow theme of your car, looks great mate.

where did you get that price from??thats a bargain (y)
tints and lowering sounds like a good idea :D:D
thanks mate,i wanted a different punto to everyone elses lol so thought why not change the colour :yum:

where did you get that price from??thats a bargain (y)
tints and lowering sounds like a good idea :D:D
thanks mate,i wanted a different punto to everyone elses lol so thought why not change the colour :yum:

got that price from a man i know around here that deals with bodywork. it is a bargain isn't it ;) lol.

yea your punto is pretty unique, although i have seen a blue/silver 3 door going round my end lately. same paintstyle as yours but just blue/silver.

tints and lowering will be done soon, after my insurance is paid, (next week :mad::mad:) and boywork is sorted.

:)

got that price from a man i know around here that deals with bodywork. it is a bargain isn't it ;) lol.

yea your punto is pretty unique, although i have seen a blue/silver 3 door going round my end lately. same paintstyle as yours but just blue/silver.

tints and lowering will be done soon, after my insurance is paid, (next week :mad::mad:) and boywork is sorted.

:)

it is a bargain,ill know who to speak too when i want some work doing lool (y)(y) insurance is always a pain in the ass especially when youve got something planned ie treating you and your car :D keep us posted on what happens mate (y)

Who likes my punto 5 door im only 17 passed test 2 weeks ago :) its a 1.9 tdi what you lot think ?

the first pic is the one i got when i first bought it second pic is now but only front of it. it looks a bit diff now :) i will put more pics of it up like tomorrow i think :)

I want to colour code door handles but i dont know how i also want to smoke rear lights but dont know how and i want to get new alloys the ones on it atm arent amazing and i want to de wiper the rear and get HIDS get a beesting arial and maybe get tints... does anyone know if tint film looks good ??? oh and im getting my 1000w vibe sub in a week and a half :) i also got neons for inside in both footwells and a 120 pound kenwood headunit :)(y)

Who likes my punto 5 door im only 17 passed test 2 weeks ago :) its a 1.9 tdi what you lot think ?

the first pic is the one i got when i first bought it second pic is now but only front of it. it looks a bit diff now :) i will put more pics of it up like tomorrow i think :)

I want to colour code door handles but i dont know how i also want to smoke rear lights but dont know how and i want to get new alloys the ones on it atm arent amazing and i want to de wiper the rear and get HIDS get a beesting arial and maybe get tints... does anyone know if tint film looks good ??? oh and im getting my 1000w vibe sub in a week and a half :) i also got neons for inside in both footwells and a 120 pound kenwood headunit :)(y)

Start a new thread for yours so we can all see your progress :)

theres guides for the colout coding and for rear light tinting, just click on the guides link at the top of the page

oh yeah so there is thanks dude and ok i will ;)

There is now blogging where threads like this should be.

If you start a blog, when you click the relevant subsection before publishing your blog (just under the box where you make your post), your post will also appear in the relevant (punto) section, when the link is clicked in that section it will tracki back to your blog page (y)

You can also moderate your own section...any comments about your pride and joy that you don't like, you can remove without the need for reporting.

Also if any relevant information is on the forum that you would like to add to your blog, then you can blog that post, new button on the right of any post ;)

lol thanks for the thread hijack (n)

Back