Technical 1998 Punto mk1 central locking problem

Currently reading:
Technical 1998 Punto mk1 central locking problem

moznoz

Hi all, been trying to sort this problem for a few years now and have still had no luck... basically my passenger door wasnt connected to the rest of the car central locking.... so i have plugged in the plug that was hanging next to the socket.... and hey presto if i lock it from the passenger side all locks go down and the whole car locks.... but i try locking it from the drivers side and it puts drivers door and two rear door locks down and then they pop back up again where as the passsenger door pin doesnt move at all.... is there anything i can do? tinker some wiring or something??

Many Thanks

Dave

hi there, i have done a bit with the mk1 central locking. I fitted a central locking/ alarm kit. the only thing i found that caused the locks to pop open after locking was the pin catching on the hole of door, or if a door is open. I shouldnt think it would be anything to do with the wiring. the drivers door is the master lock.

hi there, i have done a bit with the mk1 central locking. I fitted a central locking/ alarm kit. the only thing i found that caused the locks to pop open after locking was the pin catching on the hole of door, or if a door is open. I shouldnt think it would be anything to do with the wiring. the drivers door is the master lock.
hi, i am about to go and do some more playing around with it, thing is when i have the door card off and the pin isnt touching anything it still doesnt play ball?? maybe the wiring was unplugged for this reason??

Hope you can help

Many Thanks

Dave

I had this problem, mine does not have the door pin switch for interiour light as you would find in most cars, mine is a little micro switch in the actuall door lock catch, all i did to fix it was door panel off, and i cut each wire one at a time going to door locking motor, untill i found which one was for the microswitch, and left that disconnected and taped up, and it workewd perfect, only last week i was given a mk2, and i salvaged the door catch, and reconnected wire and its working perfect. when i first got my car the passenger door central locking wire was unplugged, to stop the problem you are having.

I dont know if the mk1 has the microswitch in door catch, or if it is a door pin one by hinge

Last edited:
I had this problem, mine does not have the door pin switch for interiour light as you would find in most cars, mine is a little micro switch in the actuall door lock catch, all i did to fix it was door panel off, and i cut each wire one at a time going to door locking motor, untill i found which one was for the microswitch, and left that disconnected and taped up, and it workewd perfect, only last week i was given a mk2, and i salvaged the door catch, and reconnected wire and its working perfect. when i first got my car the passenger door central locking wire was unplugged, to stop the problem you are having.

I dont know if the mk1 has the microswitch in door catch, or if it is a door pin one by hinge
hi, sorry to sound stupid but what is a micro switch and what does it look like?? the locking is really getting to me now, the drivers door has completely stopped working altogether now, its just manual. is there a way to re program??

Many thanks

Dasve

Ok so i have disconnected the master lock.... and then when i came to re attach it none of the central locking would work !! is there a fix?? i have attached the passenger door that was disconnected and now that works. its as if it has swapped sides from the left door not working and the rest of the locking working to the right door not working and the left door being the master !! HELP

:(

Dave !

hi, sorry to sound stupid but what is a micro switch and what does it look like?? the locking is really getting to me now, the drivers door has completely stopped working altogether now, its just manual. is there a way to re program??

Many thanks

Dasve
you wont be able to see micro switch, it is inside the actuall lock mecanism, you need to find the wires that go to this, but you need to find out which door it is that has the faulty one, if you where nearer to me i would and come and sort it for you, unless you fancy a drive lol

well :p a drive wouldnt be too bad lol i do get to liverpool at least twice a year :) but im no good with electricals lol... hmm this could be tricky. would it be worth investing in a new solenoid??

Cheers

Dave

if you fancy the drive to the wirral one day, pm me and i will give you my number, I will sort it out for you, free of charge.

Back