Seicento 1998 black sei abarth

Currently reading:
Seicento 1998 black sei abarth

I just skim read the description and didnt spot where it said imported.

Insurance wouldnt be too bad (around £1200) but my current co wont touch it and I dont want to change. For a UK spec 2.2 vtec i would be paying £900.

Last edited:
what do people fink about:

- de-wipering the back
- square / italian numberplates
- wind deflectors (where can i get them from? all i have found so far is dead ebay links)

cheers

quick update

i had a broken drivers seat... so this week ive stripped out the whole interior and given it a bit of a clean, and now fitted a full blue abarth interior (cheers ginner)

so now decided to go with a blue / black theme through the car

ive got black front indicators (again, courtesy of ginner) and have started de-oranging the outside - tips on getting rid of the crappy looking sticker down the door would be very much appreciated

il get some pics on soon

many different tecniques. hair dryer is a popular on, or pour hot water on it from the kettle. Idea is just go get the glue warm and then you can take it off. If you go slowly you can get most of it off without leaving sticky residue. that can be cleaned off after htough if some bits are left.

I used a hair dryer to do it to the black sei. That and a lot of paitence!

How are the seats looking?

seats are looking great mate, better condition than my old 1s

yeh i spose il set a day aside and have a go

getting the orange strip off the front was a pain in the ass aswel... ive read on here that u need 2 take the bumper off, but i just took the headlights out and used brute force. ive got a black rubber strip to cover the screw holes

i finally got round to washing it and taking pics...

SP_A0340.jpg

original interior

SP_A0347.jpg

empty

SP_A0348.jpg

fitting blue abarth seats

general cleanness... what you reckon to the abarth badge on front? im not sure yet...

SP_A0350.jpg

SP_A0351.jpg

SP_A0352.jpg

SP_A0353.jpg

getting the orange strip off the front was a pain in the ass aswel... ive read on here that u need 2 take the bumper off, but i just took the headlights out and used brute force. ive got a black rubber strip to cover the screw holes

My car had the orange bits coveres with black insulation tape... couldn't tell at all... I decided to rip it off and keep it orange!

Not keen on the abarth badges personally, looks a bit big i think...

Have you got tights on your back lights??

thats wat i was thinking... mite try and get hold of the new style round fiat badge instead.

n yes i have got tights on my lights... wasnt meant as long term fing, but i think it looks alright :)

looks a nice car i have never looked in side one of them we have 2 on our street they look a little to small for me but i have always wanted one because they look really smart.
(y) nice orange strip :bang:

i guess theres probably a thread on this... if so could someone please direct me to it? :confused:

for power gain what is the best / most cost effective mod? - re-map, induction kit, exhaust etc...

from what i can gather people favour mcritch chip and gsr induction kit?

Back