Technical 1996 punto gt turbo wont start

Currently reading:
Technical 1996 punto gt turbo wont start

turbonut

MY TURBO STOPPED WORKING AND I LOST POWER SO WENT TO GARAGE TO HAVE TURBO CHECKED THEY SAID THE TURBOS FINE BUT LOOKS LIKE YOUR WASTE GATE IS STUCK OPEN BUT THEY COULD NOT DO IT, THEY ALSO CHECKED FOR AIR LEAKS ETC, THE CAR WAS STILL RUNNING FINE JUST LACKED POWER, I GOT IT HOME READY TO TAKE IT TO A GARAGE THE FOLLOWING DAY AND WHEN I WENT TO IT IN THE MORNING IT WOULDNT START NOT EVEN FIRING, SINCE THIS I CHECKED THE PLUGS AND FOUND OIL ON THEM AND OIL IN THE AIR PIPE, HAS THE TURBO LEAKED OIL INTO THE ENGINE OR IS THIS ANOTHER PROBLEM? IM STRUGGLING TO FINE ANYONE WHO WILL EVEN LOOK AT IT AS WHEN THEY FIND OUT ITS A GT TURBO THEY SAY NO, ANYIDEAS WOULD BE GREAT OR EVEN GARAGES IN THE LINCOLSHIRE AREA THAT KNOW ABOUT THESE.
THANKS
DAN:worship:

Dan,

Welcome to the Forum.... (y)

If a normal garage wont look it at, try ringing a fiat garage and ask to speak with a mechanic, make out youre bringing the car in for the repairs so you need to speak to him to get an idea of the cost... Just an idea

All the best with it...

Oil in the intake is ok providing it not a load of the stuff. The engine breather system is linked into the intake and normally you get a bit of oil in the intake pipes as a result of this.

However, if there's loads it could be the turbo oil seals.

Oil on the plugs normally associated with ring failure?!?!

Not starting - could be linked to oil on plugs or could be a fuel blockage. Have you checked all the injectors are connected up ok?

Back