Technical 1994 Ducato siren not working

Currently reading:
Technical 1994 Ducato siren not working

Papcina

Hi there,

maybe a weird question... I tried searching into the workshop manual, but under electric thread there is no useful info.
I have an 1994 Ducato 4x4 van, and the siren (horn, trumpet... as you wish) is not working... I opened the part at the steering wheel and everything is well conected, but I cannot find where the wires go and what color are they.... can someone help regarding the wire color and the schematic where the wires go up to the siren itself? I tried checking the fuse box but they are ok...

thanks

Hi Papcina, I have a 1996 Ducato. My horn (siren) died. I found the actual horn by removing headlight. A slight tap with a hammer and a good spray with maintenance spray (wd40 or whatever is available in Croatia) and it came back to life. I then replaced it. Best of Luck. Ian. P.S. my van is rhd so I don't know if your horn location will be the same.

thanks! I've found it, hit it with a hammer, changed with a new one and controlled the connections at the wires... it didn't help at all... any other idea where could I check inside the wiring??
thanks

Back