Technical 1982 Clock wiring help

Currently reading:
Technical 1982 Clock wiring help

David F

Have a 82 Fiat X1/9 clock marked "VEGLIAFLASH" on the face, it is a LED type clock, and need to know how to connect the wiring. It has 4 wires - red, grey, yellow, and black. I think the red would be hot, the black ground, yellow light, what is the grey? Are my R/B/Y connection guesses correct? Don't want to hook it up wrong.

Thanks, David

I've got clock wiring problems too. I've no power to the red wire. Where does it go?? It turns into a red/yellow wire at the plug but I can't find any wiring diagram for it. I could cut into it and power it up that way but I'd prefer to find out why there is no power there.

All the fuses are alive and present. I'll have to see what else is powered to it. Trouble is the wiring diagrams are quite vague. I've not checked it thoroughly yet (only had the X1/9 2 weeks) because I've been sorting other little bits out but would this wire also power the cigar lighter and interior light?? When I get the car to the workshop again in a few weeks I'll have another play.

It's been about 15 years since i had mine 1500 5 speed, and i can't remember what circuits are the same as the clock,but i'm agreeing with you in that it's going to be on the fag lighter/interior light circuit.
Sorry i cant be af any more help.
I did get on quite well with the wiring diagrams and thought they were easy to follow,as i had loads of electrical issues with mine.
LUIGI

Back