Styling 18 inch KEI alloys on my punto mk1

Currently reading:
Styling 18 inch KEI alloys on my punto mk1

Snakebite666

I need help, got a set of 18 inch kei racing alloys on my mk1 and has 5mm spacers at the front which is fine, had to get 16mm hubcentic ones for the back and 42mm wobble bolts, i have flared the archew out and taken the plastics off but when i go round a corner the left seems to rub but no idea wherr and if i go over a bump the back right bangs on something, put new standard shocks on for mot not long ago so am confused, anyone have any ideas what the problem could be with the rears?

:yeahthat: this kind of thing is kind of part and parcel with having such silly big wheels and/or really low suspension..

If inside your arches is really clean you should see rubber where its caught, conversely if they are muddy you should see a bit rubbed clean.

Bit more info on the wheels may help though, how wide are they, what size tyre you using, whats the wheel offset, are the arches properly rolled, what kind of ride height we talking (shocks don't make any difference its the springs that set ride height).

Of course at the end of the day the simplest option would be to fit less stupidly massive wheels but each to their own.

The tryes are 225 35 zr18, got it sorted though, just hadnt flared the arches enough and missed a bolt holding the bumper on, so a bit of cutting and all sorted, with a set of 5mm spacers on the front and 16mm hubcentrics on the back, must admit that she does look good sitting on 18s

When i work out how to put photos up on here as i forgot, if someone can remind me thanks

This is before i started flareing the arches, should have then done in the next few days and have red door edge trim to glue over the edge to make it safe and road legal as cant have a sharp edge, but the fronts dont come out past the arch so just have to cut about 3/4 of an inch out and leave it as is, backs need about 1 to 1 1/2 inches taken out and a short scaffold pole used to toll them out a bit and then just fill and smooth and they are done.

Attachments

• 1401082466411.jpg
    1401082466411.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 47
Like you say each to there own, and havent had it lowered yet plus the rear lights look a damn sight better than the origionals, and no they havent gone out of fashion, just check google photos like i did

Punto Donk look?

If you're doing that much arch work now, lowering the car will be near impossible.

It's an interesting choice going for a five door. To clear wheels like that you'll need a lot more metal to work with. It wouldn't surprise me if you run out of arch to feather.

Only using the scaffold pipe to get the arch rolled out a small amount and then fill it to smooth it out and got some red door stop to glue over the edge, if i take more of the arch out ill just weld a new extension on to make it look good, and then i can bring the arch back down to where it normally is just further out away from the wheel, but just below the line on the fronts where the arch starts to curve to the wing and just above the same line at the backs and will clear great, but if anyone else wants to go nuts like me you will need 16mm hubcentrics on the back and 5mm spacers on the front, 30mm wobbles are fine for front but you will need 42 for the back, plus once ive put the combat bodykit on it then it will look lowered without changing the shocks or springs.

Hahaha, yeah but the lights cost 15 and the spoilet cost 13 and the alloys cost 70 so cant complain, and i havent seen many puntos that are any better as everyone just does the same old thing so i thought i would go retro as its in fashion, once its all colour coded then im happy with it, shame all most people have he brain power to do is drop it too the floor amd screw the engine out of all the power its got and blow it up, plus there arent many 1.6 5 doors left out there so might aswel make the most of it, last time i checked it was about 213 of them left legal on the road, now look at all the 1.2s out there that all look like each other, im happy and at the end of the day thats all anyone should worry about, i could drop it to the floor and get a 16 valve turbo head for it but i dont want to end up with a pile of junk in the scrap yard like soooooo many others ive seen.

im happy and at the end of the day thats all anyone should worry about

Nothing has ever been closer to the truth. I hate stanced cars myself, they look cool and everything but for me its function over form, which not only rules out having properly slammed stanced car it also rules out massive wheels and bodykits.

It actualy handles just as normal, bit of speed loss between 50 and 70 but im putting a large exhaust and induction kit to give a small amount of powet back, but i dont worry about it as i dont drive like an 18 year old speed adicted moron, did that been there got the points, so no loss to me

Back