1368cc 16V engine tuning.

Currently reading:
1368cc 16V engine tuning.

Liquid Knight II

Established member
First of Happy Seasonal merriment and I hope you all have a prosperous 2018

(y)

Second this is in the general Fiat chat section as several cars share this engine and I am looking for general advice. There is a thread in the Cinquecento section.

Right I'm about to fit a 1368cc 16V SuperFIRE from a Fiat Idea into my Cinquecento. I wanted a Panda 100hp but the Idea was a lot cheaper and 92hp so I'm guessing there isn't a great deal of difference.

Has anyone done a quartet throttle body conversion? I'm looking into a cable single body so I won't need the fly by wire numb pedal.

Will a four branch exhaust manifold from a 1242cc fit or there a 1368cc one available? I will be using the Cinquecento catalytic converter location as the gap between the block and radiator doesn't look to be enough.

I was thinking of doing a t-jet swap but cost, reliability and lack of space in the Cinquecento engine bay put an end to that.

Naturally aspirated is less stuff to worry about going wrong. ;)

Are there any other 1368cc N/A tuning options?

Any other ideas welcome but this is all new tech for me I'm more bike carb's and distributor conversion. I'm hoping to keep the Cinquecento on the road so no de'cat or bike stuff (I have a ZZR1100 engine in my shed if I wanted to go extreme).

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento/455481-built-vs-bought-cinquecento-track-day-project.html

Have a look and see if they did a group b rated head and cams for group b cars... if so you mind he able to fing a fettled one with nice gains in hp and torque also with a raised rev limit... i know there is group b specced heads for the stilo group b motor :)

Happy new year to you, too!
So as an owner of a 1.4 Sporting Punto (which is the same engine iirc) I looked into this, so I'll list the few things I found. Not that much, basically the basic stuff you can get for everything. As someone who can't really modify his vehicle because of the laws here (lol germany) I can't really tell you if these mods will give you a performance increase or not, because I can't try it. Anyways here's the stuff.
Obviously an Exhaust system, including a decat manifold (I got told the manifold for the 1.2 would fit, wouldn't bet on it)
an Induction kit
hotter cams
and, what I found, but what I really never heard of is "tuning/high performance" ignition coils? I don't know how this would improve performance really, but hey, I found it.
I've got the links to all the stuff saved, but I didn't knew if this would count as advertising, so I didn't post them. If I get the OK i would post them, or I can send you them via PM I guess.

Right I have all the donor 1242 parts I need. :devil:

Uue3OfAj.jpg

I need to bin the 1242 donor shell and get the Idea home next. :)

Just a little thread update.

1/ My Cinquecento was written off by an uninsured van driver.
2/ Gave the car away to a mate who has been doing bodywork repairs for thirty odd years to restore with his grandson as their first project and his first car.
3/ Sold all the 1242 16V bits to a forum member who had the same idea but has an engine waiting.

As I am stuck with the Fiat Idea. Seriously it had been sold but brought back already and I have tried giving it away for scrap money. Does anyone do a distributor conversion for the SuperFIRE engine so I can run it on bike carb's and stick it in my Fiat based track day go-kart thing.

hP8iWJ6W.jpg

:devil:

Little update.

I will be getting a FIRE powered car that runs on the black box distributor and carb' so the SuperFIRE may find its way in there with bike carb's and I'll have to work out ignition myself. Stand alone ECU or making the distributor fit. ;)

Does anyone still do or have a Nova distributor conversion plate for the Fiat 16V engine kicking about?

Have you actually ever finished a project, or for that matter started one? You post a lot about what you are going to do but then there is always something that means you can’t do that project 3 seconds later you’ve bought something else?

Back