132 brake replacement from Lada?

Currently reading:
132 brake replacement from Lada?

timwillems

Newbie here, owner of probably the only 132 (1.6 1974) in Nicaragua. Donn't beat me up over using the L word!
Been looking to replace brake calipers and pistons and all fours. Just that owning the only 132 here isn't going to help me find spare parts. And apparently, there weren't that many cars imported in the US with 38mm (rear) pistons, the 44mm could be purchased in the US and sent there.

Question: there are quite some Lada's driving around here. Since Lada started as a Fiat 124 model makeover (correct me if I'm wrong), could it be possible to reutilize some parts of older Lada's?
More specific question: can I get the brakes (only front discs) of which Lada to put on my Fiat (front + rear discs)?
General question: Where to get any information to check which parts are useable of any Lada?

Question: there are quite some Lada's driving around here. Since Lada started as a Fiat 124 model makeover (correct me if I'm wrong), could it be possible to reutilize some parts of older Lada's?
More specific question: can I get the brakes (only front discs) of which Lada to put on my Fiat (front + rear discs)?
General question: Where to get any information to check which parts are useable of any Lada?
I worked as foreman at a Lada Dealership between 1975-82 .
I suspect the Ladas had a smaller diameter front brake disc assembly as they were not renowned for superior braking (though that may have been the Russian tyres) and there rear brakes were drum mounted on a rear wheel drive straight axle as in not independent rear suspension.
The Lada rear drum brakes do look similar to a picture in a manual of a Fiat 131 with the drum brake assembly, but I couldn't say for sure regarding dimensions, though as built under license from Fiat I suspect there wasn't a large amount changed.
Don't know if this will help at all, it is from a trade manual covering many vehicles dated 1977.:)

Attachments

• DSCF0998.JPG
    DSCF0998.JPG
    481.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF0999.JPG
    DSCF0999.JPG
    475.6 KB · Views: 40
Back