Tuning 13 or 14 inch alloys

Currently reading:
Tuning 13 or 14 inch alloys

I'm sure this has been asked before but i couldn't find a thread so sorry if there is & i missed it.
I really want to stick a set of 13 inch 4 spoke Cinq alloys on my Panda.Scanning through Ebay i've found an identical set but in 14 inch that come off a Tempra.
Questions are...Will the 14 inch fit without fouling arches or scraping on wings when turning? I'm guessing they might throw the speedo out but by much?
Can you use the standard bolts on the car already or will i need special ones for alloys.If so can anyone tell me what type i'll need.
Thank you :)
Simon.

I'm sure this has been asked before but i couldn't find a thread so sorry if there is & i missed it.
I really want to stick a set of 13 inch 4 spoke Cinq alloys on my Panda.Scanning through Ebay i've found an identical set but in 14 inch that come off a Tempra.
Questions are...Will the 14 inch fit without fouling arches or scraping on wings when turning? I'm guessing they might throw the speedo out but by much?
Can you use the standard bolts on the car already or will i need special ones for alloys.If so can anyone tell me what type i'll need.
Thank you :)
Simon.
Bolts are M12 x 1.25 thread, 19mm tapered head. probably about 32mm long (although I've got spacers on so can't be sure about the lenth) Best bet is to wait untill you've got the wheels then stick your current bolts in the holes and compare how much thread sticks out the back of the wheel compared to the standard steel, then order your new bolts longer than standard by the difference between the two. Fouling is partly down to tyre size, for a 14" rim you'll just be running a lower profile tyre to keep the same radius which should keep the speedo near enough too. Check width, more than 5.5" is ambitious and trial fit on the rear before use, higher offset (et40ish)or wider wheels can foul the rear axle (hence the spacers on mine) DO THIS BEFORE ORDERING BOLTS!! If you need spacers, you'll also need even longer bolts to compensate
NB, if you're on a random nuts and bolts site ordering those bolts, a supply of nyloc nuts in the same thread size is always handy, about 2 thirds of the nuts on the suspension are that size too if you're ever doing anything in that vein.

Last edited:
Bolts are M12 x 1.25 thread, 19mm tapered head. probably about 32mm long (although I've got spacers on so can't be sure about the lenth) Best bet is to wait untill you've got the wheels then stick your current bolts in the holes and compare how much thread sticks out the back of the wheel compared to the standard steel, then order your new bolts longer than standard by the difference between the two. Fouling is partly down to tyre size, for a 14" rim you'll just be running a lower profile tyre to keep the same radius which should keep the speedo near enough too. Check width, more than 5.5" is ambitious and trial fit on the rear before use, higher offset (et40ish)or wider wheels can foul the rear axle (hence the spacers on mine) DO THIS BEFORE ORDERING BOLTS!! If you need spacers, you'll also need even longer bolts to compensate
NB, if you're on a random nuts and bolts site ordering those bolts, a supply of nyloc nuts in the same thread size is always handy, about 2 thirds of the nuts on the suspension are that size too if you're ever doing anything in that vein.

Can't add much to Andrews comprehensive answer other than a couple of useful links...........

http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-allo...CarParts_SM&hash=item43a44fd10d#ht_2373wt_952

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
someone on here did compare exact length of std panda vs. cc sporting bolts couple weeks ago, any body recall?
Yes, they are longer and you could try to get a set of fiat cc sporting wheels spacers(5mm) from local scrappy.

Cinq 13" alloys need slightly longer bolts for the Panda. Standard bolts almost work but don't give a margin for safety - you need about 2 further turns. If you need a measurement I'll take one out for you to check the length of thread. No spacers needed for the 13" ones, just bolt on and go.

You will probably find the Cinq bolts are right - just check you get a couple of turns more than a standard bolt & should be fine.

Hope this helps,

Gavin. (y)

The Sporting wheels do look great - this has been discussed before so check previous threads.

I think somebody reported a slight difference with the speedo reading but they performed well.
speedo reading is tyre related, if you buy with original tyres still on 'centos use lower profile 165/55 tyres iirc, 165/65 is closest to maintain standard for a Panda.

I haven't really noticed any difference in speedo readings tbh - it's about as accurate as any Panda speedo ;) Mine are on 175 65 R13's which were originally to match the rolling radius on an old Fiat 128 (sadly written off!), but seem fine if a fraction wide compared to the wheelarch (no rubbing issues though, just look more agressive).

Yeah, realistically the size of your tyres is pretty unlikely to have anywhere near as much of an effect as the inherent inaccuracy of the speedo to start with. My tyres are near as dammit right but my speedo reads about 10% high anyway:mad:

Back