Technical Fiat panda or uno gearbox

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat panda or uno gearbox

Good104

hi all.
Need to test a fiat uno fire 1.2 engine and need to mount the starter motor
of course need a gearbox to do that or at least a bell housing I think.
Any about or any ideas what other gearbox would do it .
don't matter if it don't work I just need a starter motor mount to turn over new engine
Cheers

hi all.
Need to test a fiat uno fire 1.2 engine and need to mount the starter motor
of course need a gearbox to do that or at least a bell housing I think.
Any about or any ideas what other gearbox would do it .
don't matter if it don't work I just need a starter motor mount to turn over new engine
Cheers
Any ideas guys at all ? Cheers

hmm where abouts are you located?
any gearbox from a FIRE engine will fit up to the end of the mk2 punto i think
engine sizes 1108 and 1242 are the most common. starters can be a pain however the 2x bolts on the starter opposite each other always fit, but the 3rd bolt sometimes does not align up. you can just forget about it though. ive had to do it on a few thats been engine swapped.

i know from past first hand experience that the gearbox from a punto 60 and 75 will fit the panda's FiRE engine. and the punto 55 gearbox fits those engines so would also fit the panda.

hope this helps. i am in Derby myself and do believe i have a punto 1.2 (75) gearbox... not sure as its been in the back of the shed for years.. it could even be a 4x4 box! ill need to do some digging to find it though

hmm where abouts are you located?
any gearbox from a FIRE engine will fit up to the end of the mk2 punto i think
engine sizes 1108 and 1242 are the most common. starters can be a pain however the 2x bolts on the starter opposite each other always fit, but the 3rd bolt sometimes does not align up. you can just forget about it though. ive had to do it on a few thats been engine swapped.

i know from past first hand experience that the gearbox from a punto 60 and 75 will fit the panda's FiRE engine. and the punto 55 gearbox fits those engines so would also fit the panda.

hope this helps. i am in Derby myself and do believe i have a punto 1.2 (75) gearbox... not sure as its been in the back of the shed for years.. it could even be a 4x4 box! ill need to do some digging to find it though
Thanks for the help but am still struggling with this !

Back