Technical 12v Socket in boot

Currently reading:
Technical 12v Socket in boot

Hi, mine was quoted on the spec sheet, but missing on the car, so I moaned to Fiat Uk and was refunded £125 for the missing item, result or what? Just keep whinging to the Fiat Uk guys!

Well done TwinCamms! Any else managed to get Fiat/their dealer to sort out missing bits one way or another?

Does anyone whose got a 12v in the boot actually use it? What for?

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth with graphite wheels and all the toys

Well done twincamms! I'm having mine retrofitted by the dealer. I think it'll be useful for one of those little car fridges in the summer and thinks like tyre air compressors.

Fiat Stilo Abarth 3dr. Loden Green, Beige Leather, Sky Window, Cold Climate Pack, 17" Alloys, CD Changer, 260w 8 Speaker Stereo.

I'm back with the news... My dealer said that the 12V socket was removed from the Phase 2 Stilos (as well as 2 airbags; it had 8 in the past!!!). My car still missing the mirror on the driver's sunshade and for that I'll ask to fit it, but I'm afraid going to the garage! Everytime that mechanics work on the car to repair something, they cause some problems: scratches, stains, screws missing etc :) So I don't know if it's better to skip a mirror that I'd never use and preserve the car :)

Grigoris

3-Door Black Stilo 1.8 Dynamic, 17" Alloys, Dual Zone Climate Control, Spoiler

Unless you really really want it I wouldn't chance it unless you trust your dealer (from the tone of your post I guess you don't!). My dealer has also managed to break things when fixing others.

Roja

My car wasn't as specified at point of sale, but I have had it since May and I think the courts would deem that as acceptance on my part. [V] The most annoying ommision was the traction control.

The price of my car had changed when I collected it, probably to reflect the new spec, and they did adjust the price I paid to match it. But I would have rather had the traction control and ski-tunnel. :(

I don't like giving my car to the dealer either and this is one of the reasons I am not inclined to ask them to fit a 12v socket in the boot. I would rather do it myself. (Not that I would use it, though.)

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rriggs
Unless you really really want it I wouldn't chance it unless you trust your dealer (from the tone of your post I guess you don't!). My dealer has also managed to break things when fixing others.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't trust any dealer or any garage :D Mine seemed nice so far but they didn't have to fix anything yet...

I have another question... The middle of the back seat-belts seems a bit loose. It's hard to describe it, but it seems that it has a button on it that stops it from getting into the slot on the back seat so it's hanging a bit loose on the back seat. Does anyone else have this feature? Is it normal or another little problem? [?]

Grigoris

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rriggs
I'll have a look and let you know....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks! I'd appreciate that!

Grigoris

Mine seems pretty tight on the back seat. Mind you, it's never been used...

Roja

NOW FOR SALE - £9995ono

Hi All,
I have two Stilo's, a 1.8 Dynamic Nov 02 and a Stilo Arbarth Mar 03. In both models I have the 12v supply in both the boot and just under the armrest in the front. I like to use these electrical points for either the in-car DVD player or a fridge.

My Question: Is there anyway to get one or all of these to live without the car engine being on or having the key in the mar postion?

:p

Daz

Back